DD is poorly and off school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bromley mum

Re: DD is poorly and off school

Post by bromley mum »

Many moons ago when my DD was about to sit the 11 + on a Saturday she had the most awful chesty cough on Thursday. I phoned the school to find out what would happen if she was too ill to appear. They told me she would need a note from the doctor. So, I rang the GP. They did not have any appointments for that day and asked me if it was an emergency. I told them it wasn't a medical emergency but I did need some one to see her that day so that if needed they could certify that she was ill that day. There was always a chance that if she wasn't seen that day then she would recover by Monday and the GP wouldn't be able to give her a note. They were great and fitted her in. So, please do remember this. If you do not appear because you are ill you may need a doctor's note.
P.S. She sat the test and passed.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Oh dear, Miss 1880 has gone down with the family cold now! I'm beginning to feel the strain (felt compelled to go out and buy pencils yesterday despite them being provided :lol: ), but in some ways it's a relief to be starting to fret - I was beginning to worry that perhaps I didn't really care this time because she's being so painful and obnoxious!

Mike
BB248

Post by BB248 »

Oh Mike, what terrible timing! I hope she makes a remarkable & speedy recovery - so she can get back to full-blown obnxiousness (is that a word?)

Good luck to all those sitting KE exams tomorrow.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

does anyone know what happens if we send DC's with a pencil case containing pencils..
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

I'm sending mine in with a pencil case (see through). It's for my peace of mind more than anything. I don't want to be fretting for three hours that they are wasting precious time sharpening a pencil. They can always leave them in their bag if they're really not allowed.

All over tomorrow at this time.....! :D
hypertension

Post by hypertension »

oh no..........my DD has just started complaining of her legs feeling weak...and thinks she has caught whatever her brother has had since last night...who has high fever 39.9.....but she is insisting she has no fever and wants to do the exam to get it over and done with...(so do I)...but i have just checked her temperature and it is 38.9!!!! :shock: ..........i don't know what to do...
Do i go to the emergency doctors now..or wait till morning to see how she is feeling..??will they give me a medical note...under normal circumstances i would not take her to the doctors on call for a fever...
I AM HAVING A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN..............
please advise....
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

calpol and ibufren tonite, my DS has come down with the sniffles this evening.
hypertension

Post by hypertension »

yes those have been administered....but its still the last thing i needed tonight....shes also on antibiotics for a UTI....BUT SHE IS DETERMINED TO DO EXAM IN MORNING...
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

tricky re on call doctors (being one myself :roll: ). We don't do notes to take away but obviously do clinical notes which get transmitted to the patients own GP at 0800 each day. From these their own GP can do a "note" for the examiners.

Actually getting through to see the doc is another matter and very dependent on the area - we don't use NHS direct so easier to speak to a doctor about all this and would probably try to help out if not too chaotic at base, sometimes goes pear shaped and you really wouldn't want to wait...

- NHSD more tricky to get through to see Dr or Nurse as very keen on self care .... :roll:
hypertension

Post by hypertension »

thankyou Dr.^ :? this exactly is my dilemma...can i justify going to DOC or even getting through the doors with a slight fever and no other major symptoms...just to get a medical note...but if i don't see a DR how do i prove DD was poorly enough to miss the test..
hopefully she will be fine in the morning..but .i'm sure she won't let me stick a thermometer anywhere near her to check...as i became slightly obsessed with doing so this evening...

anyway Good Luck to all....
:D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now