Please Clarify Date

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Post by Guest »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is nice to hear good news on the Birmingham thread. Did you find out by post??

CLP

Post by Guest »

We live in Solihull, the post arrived. I waited for my wife to get from school drop, and we opened the letter together. I was nervous wreck. The letter says 1st coice - King Edwards VI Fiveways - Place offered. It than goes through choice 2 , 3,4,5 as not needed. The foundation tell me that a formal letter will be posted on Friday informing us the same, ie an offer of a place. I am speechless and cloud 9. I am more excited thank my son.

Thanks to 11plus and specially KenR and KEMUM who provided me with some useful info over the months. I am ver grateful to you.

Thanks and Good luck I hope you get the good news as well !

A born again DAD and MUM
Singh

Congrats Guest

Post by Singh »

Hi Guest, this is fantastic news. As a parent of a child who will sit the exam next yeay, can you please advise the text books (forr English and Maths) and test papers (NFER, Bond), that you child used.

I would like to purchase the same resources

Post by Guest »

Hello Singh, my suggestion would be to consider a mixture of different sources/papers and there are many to choose from on this site. That's what we did. Doing various papers gets the child to think in a more adaptable way and in different styles. The exam format used is different to the papers but if he/she does different papers from various sources, he/she will not be shocked or superised in the nature of the test. I would say however, don't concentrate on maths only, having a very grasp of english and its use and the range of vocalubary is important. The child must also start learning the meaning of words to help them with the test.

Words and there meanings
NVR
VR
Maths
Ability read a passage and answer questions

I hope this helps, if not, please get back to me.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Solihull Guest,

Many congratuations to your son on getting into Five Ways. As you may have gathered from my previous postings, our son started at Five Ways last Sept and his having a great time. It's a really good friendly school, we are very pleased.

Not sure where you live in Solihull, but your son may even be catching the same bus. Our son gets the 881 which starts at Hockley Heath, but the 882 also passes through Solihull.

The school is very good regarding induction, you will get 2 letters from the school on Saturday (they are posted on the 2nd according to the school calendar on the web site) - one for you and one addressed to your son.

Once you accept the offer, you get further letters with an invitation to a pre-induction evening towards the end of April.

Regards

Post by Guest »

Hey KenR, we live on the direct 881 route which goes through Maypole. I am told by the bus company that my son can catch thebus from any recognised stop as long as he gives a clear signal. Would that be right?

Thanks
marg

2007 school allocations

Post by marg »

Hi All!

Those who applied online will receive their school allocations via email from midnight tonight. But I'm almost sure all schools got them today. This I'll confirm tomorrow as I work with parents in a school . My son and friends who have children at other schools, were saying that children were being quizzed by teachers about school preferences and tests etc.

Good Luck to everyone.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Guest,

Yes you can catch the bus from any recognised stop on the route. Our son catches it from the Maypole as there's about 5 or 6 Year7 boys who catch it from there. It's really good as we can arrange an alternative pick up if necessary.

The Green Bus system is really excellent, I was amazed how quickly the bus gets to and from Five Ways. The bus company even sends a text message if there are any problems or delays with the bus.

Regards
Pepper2

Post by Pepper2 »

Well done Solihull Guest and many congrats to your son on his acceptance to 5 Ways

I, like most of you, am anxiously waiting results. Now that I know that those who have applied on-line will get results by e-mail tonight, not sure whether to stay up and share news with hubby tonight or with all family tomorrow. What have others done??

Good luck tomorrow everyone and let us all know how you get on. Would love to share in your good news and support if not so good

Post by Guest »

Yes you can catch the bus from any recognised stop on the route. Our son catches it from the Maypole as there's about 5 or 6 Year7 boys who catch it from there. It's really good as we can arrange an alternative pick up if necessary
KenR Please clarify, I can use any bus stop along its route/journey, would that be my understanding?

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now