Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KES Parent

Re: Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Post by KES Parent »

mike1880 wrote:I'd just like to say in advance that if our daughter doesn't pass I'll be pinning the blame firmly on her, her tutors, the school, her mother and her schoolfriends. It will be like an Oscars speech only in reverse. I'm composing it already.

Mike
We will all be sure to remember it's not in any way your fault, Mike. :wink:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Too right :wink:
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

Apologies, I didn't mean it to sound like I would blame anyone if DS doesn't get in ! I wouldn't dream of it - firm believer in 'what is meant to be.....' He will have tried his best and that's all that matters - Oh dear what have I said ! Our tutor was very good with boosting confidence and timing of the papers but a lot of what tutor did he was also prepped with at the indie. So as you say fm, with all the other factors here, ie. my help, indie primary school and his intelligence, I guess I am undecided simply because of that - I just don't know which of these factors would have contributed if he passes. I think I'm digging myself a deeper hole now so I'll just go - sorry if I offended you :oops:
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Even though my DS2 sat the exams this year i am chilled as i am not expecting much.

BUT

This time last year i was like gettingnervous. All the signs was DS1 will gain a place at KECHG, from her school (non indie) teachers advice, to her tutition house (them saying she is the strongest student they have this year), to her mock exam results etc etc. It all looked good. But there is that uncertanity that just rears its ugly head during the last week or so. Until its confirmed all forms of permutations, thoughts etc go through ones head. At the end of the day we have done our best and hope for a positive outcome.

gettingnervous you are probably like me, a glass half empty person :)

I remember logging on at midnight to check my email and low and behold we got our first choice. Even tough we new the result a few days before due to a glitch on the LEA website. Told the madame in the morning and she went yes and then went about her normal routine. Whilst dad went through all the emotions under the sun in the weeks leading upto this moment. DS was calm.
um

Post by um »

Birmingham do seem to send their notices out before Solihull.

This is one advantage of living in Birmingham - come on, we have to have something to feel good about as you have Touchwood, quiet surburbia, great primaries and nice parks :lol:

My dcs attend a Solihull primary therefore ds1 was the very first to know in his class. This was partly because Birmingham accidentally published all the results 3 days early, and partly because even on Sunday night, when we got the email, the Solihull parents hadn't heard. So my son went in on Monday and annoyed everyone by knowing his results when they didn't know theirs until Tuesday or (in the case of the letters people), Wednesday :D
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

don't forget the high crime rate we suffer in Solihull as the brummies come into our shire for their looting and pillaging.. :lol:

Good luck for the 28th or 1st or 2nd depending on how much poll tax you pay..
um

Post by um »

On the positive side, Sihilians didn't spend December and January with a 4m high pile of rubbish outside the house :D
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

Footballdad, you've hit the nail on the head - I certainly am a glass half empty person !

As the day is looming I'm getting more worked up :) Thankfully, it was DS's wish not to mention schools preferences since the exams finished until offer day, so he doesn't have a clue how nervous I am !! He thinks I'm laid back and relaxed and is taking the same approach :D

Good luck, hopefully I will be like you next time round !!
brummum

Post by brummum »

I've managed to forget my log-in details for the on-line admissions site :!:

Do I need them to access the email on 1 March?

I rang the admissions departments who said that I don't need them, but I thought I'd ask on here as most of you seem to have done this before - can you image having the email in front of you and not being able to access it :!:
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Brummum

You will be sent an email stating which school your ds has obtained.
All the required information will be in the body of the email.

There will be no link to the LEA site.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now