Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
um

Re: Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Post by um »

I am not awaiting 1 March as ds2 takes his exams this Autumn...but I know the feeling of the days trickling out in hope and fear...spare a thought for me having to wait until 26 April to know which Primary school ds3 has been allocated :( :( :(
fingerscrossed

Post by fingerscrossed »

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been posting during this anxious wait - you are keeping me going :P - DS has no idea that I'm climbing the walls waiting for results day! I wonder who actually knows the exam marks now now? Will my LA know? Do the secondary schools know? Can't bear the thought of a list somewhere and I won't find out for another 12 days!!! :shock:

Good Luck Everyone.
avdilemma2011

Post by avdilemma2011 »

I still have to walk the path that you've travelled this year. And hope it is less nervous, less anxious and less stressful.

My best wishes to everyone awaiting allocation day.
brummum

Post by brummum »

Thanks Footballdad - that's a relief :)
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

fingerscrossed wrote:I wonder who actually knows the exam marks now now? Will my LA know? Do the secondary schools know?
The Consortium grammar schools have known the exam marks since (iirc) late November or early December, and presumably other grammars know their results equally quickly after their exam. I don't think the LEA ever knows the actual exam mark (unless they know through being part of Consortium this year) except Sutton Coldfield because they're the Admissions authority.

As far as allocations are concerned, Birmingham finalised allocations early this week. So the LEA now know everyone's allocation and the schools concerned know who they're offering places to. People whose child has a statement of educational needs were told their allocation on (iirc) Tuesday this week. Primary schools don't find out where their pupils have been allocated until after March 1st (in B'ham - other areas work differently).

Mike
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

mike1880 wrote: As far as allocations are concerned, Birmingham finalised allocations early this week. So the LEA now know everyone's allocation and the schools concerned know who they're offering places to. People whose child has a statement of educational needs were told their allocation on (iirc) Tuesday this week. Primary schools don't find out where their pupils have been allocated until after March 1st (in B'ham - other areas work differently).

Mike

Ah! Had a casual conversation with their primary head recently...I suppose that rules out my suspicions about the PH knowing something that we don't. :|
um

Post by um »

Do Bham Admissions also know about Primary allocations now too?

Feeling very grumbly about waiting until 26 April - not really fair on ds3 either who is settled at Nursery at our first choice primary school (this doesn't give priority).

Waiting until the summer term has already begun dosn't give much time to organise emergency alternatives (whatever they may be :lol: )
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

There's a timetable in the 2011 primary admissions arrangements:

http://www.schooljotter.com/files/colme ... S_2011.pdf

They don't know yet, but it won't help your temper to work out how long they do know before they tell you... :wink:
um

Post by um »

Thank you mike1880 - for primary admissions:

Birmingham and surrounding Local Authorities will send each other their
final offer information on 31 March 2011
Birmingham Local Authority will send out offer letters to all parents living
in Birmingham on Tuesday 26 April 2011

Why do I have to wait an extra 26 days !?!

Not feeling happy at all now - esp as the timetable of my life to come is currently looking like this:
2011 - waiting for ds3 Primary admission results,
2012 - ds2 Secondary and ds4 Nursery admission results,
2013 - ds4 Primary admission results
2014 - dd Secondary admission results...

It is going to be 2015 before my blood pressure falls to normal levels ...but wait - isn't that the year ds1 gets his GCSE results :lol:
brummum

Post by brummum »

Um

I'm also waiting for the Primary school allocation for Reception 2011 - almost as nerve-wracking as 11+ result, as I have a younger child starting nursery 2011 too, and the two little ones need to be at the same school :!:

It's a real pain that my youngest was allocated his nursery place for 2011 on 10 Feb - a Solihull nursery, but I won't know if my Reception age son has gained a place at the same Solihull school until 26 April, as we have to wait for Birmingham LEA. :roll:

Surely not beyond the realms of possiblity to co-ordinate the results, especially as in some areas there is a big cross-over of children who in Birmingham but apply to Solihull schools.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now