Format of Handsworth Boys VR test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

um

Re: Format of Handsworth Boys VR test

Post by um »

There is a popular video sharing website with clips of 'how to do' various types of VR, that I did use when ds1 was preparing for the 'old style' BV exam. However I admit I am not entirely sure which clips are fully relevant to the Handsworth exam. Nevertheless they were pretty well made.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Thanks everyone for your insights - it feels like a minefield sometimes, so any advice is gratefully received. Does anyone know if the old NFER papers are available to buy? I have only seen GL papers, but will keep looking. There is time yet.

Shinealight: good luck next week, I hope your son gets in. I am not even waiting for results this year, but the idea of all those hopeful parents/children waiting for that letter makes me nervous. I guess I am worried about what is in store for me....
Last edited by UmSusu on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
UmSusu
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

UmSusu wrote:NFER papers are available to buy? I have only seen GL papers
Granada Learning (GL-Assessment) has bought out NFER Nelson. New packaging no longer has ‘NFER Nelson’ on it, however the content is still identical.
This is the original NFER Standard Edition pack. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... D30%23b402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the new pack (currently only available in multiple choice) (Feb 2011) http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... D30%23b444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Thank you, mitasol. I can put my money back in my ever-depleting wallet
UmSusu
poppit

Post by poppit »

Hi All

I contacted HGS and they have confirmed that the VR test is indeed in a traditional format (i.e. not multiple choice).
C.Greasley

Post by C.Greasley »

Just to confirm - 2010's November VR exam was indeed standard format and not multiple-choice.

Although I wouldn't rely too much on previous years' formats, but it's a decent marker.