Good grammar schools for girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sub007

Good grammar schools for girls

Post by sub007 »

Thank you for replying my last topic. Also I would like to know any girls Grammar schools near the B8. Please post!
hermanmunster

Re: Good grammar schools for girls

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Sub - sorry but despite living in Solihull and going to school in Edgbaston ( a very long time ago :oops: ) I am pretty hopeless on the geography of the place. OK re B91 and B15 but that's it.

Where is near you ? have you had a look at the list of places:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ll-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I think you're fairly near Sutton Coldfield Girls there and I suspect you'd also be quite well placed for Queen Marys in Walsall. Next nearest would be KE Handsworth but I have no idea how practical the journey would be.

Mike
um

Post by um »

You are in Alum Rock/Ward End

The green bus runs nearby for KE Camp Hill and Handsworth. Both are probably about the same time length journey

Sutton Coldfield Girls is not too far - 20-25 mins drive on a good day - I know there are girls going there from your area and they probably have minibuses/parents lifts arranged.

Getting to Queen Mary's in Walsall could be possible via Stetchford Station.
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

I went through the following process. I used google maps to calculate the distance from my house to the schools myself and DS were interested. As i did not want my DS to be on a long journey to get to and back from school daily.

Also check out thegreenbus companies website and you will see the routes that the bus service offer. Luckly for me and my madame the greenbus passes through my neck of woods and it takes her approx 30 to 40 mins to get to Camp Hill. As UM has mentioned i know there are a few families whose children attend from B8, you could car share/mini bus etc.

I believe the nearest school from B8 will be Handsworth, then Camp Hill and closely followed by Sutton Girls. I would double check to confirm i would not take my word as gospel on this.

I grew up in B8. Moved out when DS1 was a year old as sadly i realised they are not many decent primary and secondary schools in the area.

Footballdad