mike1880

Re: KEHS Offer Letter?

Post by mike1880 »

The EHS letter has arrived now - :D :D :D

Mike
floozey

Post by floozey »

Just got our KEHS letter. My DD is on the waiting list. About 400 girls took the test, 80 got offered a place and a small number are on the waiting list. Not sure how many are on the waiting list or what position she is so really I don't know whether she has done well or not as the waiting list could be huge.

I am doubting whether she will now make the grammars where the competition is much much more........

I am proud of her for at least doing well enough to be on the waiting list for KEHS as English is not her strongest subject and she is only from a state primary.
Last edited by floozey on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
felixtheCat09

Post by felixtheCat09 »

floozey wrote:Just got our KEHS letter. My DD is on the waiting list. I called up and they said that 380 girls took the test, 80 got offered a place and a small number are on the waiting list. They did not say how many are on the waiting list or what position she is so really I don't know whether she has done well or not as the waiting list could be huge.

Anyway the grammars is really our first choice as not even sure we could afford private. I am doubting whether she will now make the grammars where the competition is much much more........

I am proud of her for at least doing well enough to be on the waiting list for KEHS as English is not her strongest subject and she is only from a state primary.
Hi, Floozey
I have called the school but nobody answered the phone.
Would you please tell me what number you called?
Many thanks!
floozey

Post by floozey »

Number on the top of the letter - 472 1834
felixtheCat09

Post by felixtheCat09 »

floozey wrote:Just got our KEHS letter. My DD is on the waiting list. I called up and they said that 380 girls took the test, 80 got offered a place and a small number are on the waiting list. They did not say how many are on the waiting list or what position she is so really I don't know whether she has done well or not as the waiting list could be huge.

Anyway the grammars is really our first choice as not even sure we could afford private. I am doubting whether she will now make the grammars where the competition is much much more........

Hi, Floozey
btw, when did you call the school?
I assume nobody at school because of half-term.
floozey

Post by floozey »

I called about an hour ago.....try after lunch or use the email address enquiries@kehs.co.uk
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Floozey

I can only offer my experience. My DS last year did not get a place at KEHS and not on the waiting list. But she gained entry into her first choice Camp Hill and also obtained her result for Sutton Girls and she only got 6 questions wrong and therefore she would have easily made entry in Sutton Girls. I know this year the test was the same.

What i am trying to say that quite a few children have not obtained a place a KEHS but got into a grammar school and vice versa i believe as well.

There was an excellent post on this forum recently by FM concerning children obtaining places in Indies vs Grammars that will give you some comfort as well if you find it
Archer

Post by Archer »

Our daughter was offered a place at KEHS but we will be turning it down. We went for it purely because she fell ill during the test for CH and we did not think she would pass. I had gone as far as to set up a bank account to pay for it, and it would have meant a great deal of sacrifice, but it was one i was willing to take.
Well she did pass :D and got her place at CH so its an easy choice for me although my wife preferred KEHS after looking around.
What do people think who have taken the full pay places at KEHS and have stretched themselves. How much more is required on top of the fees to be able to send the child on school trips /learning holidays?
And does this extra cost effect the childs ability to feel a full part of the school.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Archer, I am sure someone will come along who is much better informed, as DD has only been there since September but thus far I can only recall £14 for a theatre trip and £60ish (plus minimal spending money) for the getting to know each other weekend away.
It certainly seems that these incidental costs are kept reasonable and not frequent requests. School seems not to waste money e.g at prep school, all letters 1st class post in thick quality envelopes: KEHS - letter - no envelope - sent with child and reply slip to return at the bottom to say you,ve got it! Also uniform - indy I had been looking at as fall back - new parent friend spent £750 on their uniform: KEHS I spent £250 (inc 4 shirts, 3 jumpers etc so not just bare minimum). I think that wider socioeconomic spread perhaps than some indies (?). Don't know about ski trip, but optional and not our families bag.
Extras in short have cost about as much as a Cath Kidston or PB bag so far ( and there seem to be plenty of those in grammar schools ).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now