Choosing from your options

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DadTutor

Re: Choosing from your options

Post by DadTutor »

Have informed Solihull & KES this morning that son will not be accepting offered place.

Better that others benefit asap as its stressful enough.
Last edited by DadTutor on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinealight

Post by shinealight »

Elbart

Have you received information from QM yet re: results and position? I spoke to reception yesterday about this and any proposed school visits :!: I was informed letters were being posted yesterday with such details and school would be inviting parents with sons for meetings in June and their will be the usual induction half day in July for the yr6 boys.... Our postie usually comes 12-1pm and nothing has arrived today... May be tomorrow :?:

The car sharing definitely seems good idea although we are keen to develop DSs ability to deal with 'life situations' as he will be in secondary school and not to be 'wrapped in cotton wool' so hope he does find a travel partner to take the bus if that's more convenient for us.
Shinealight
Always looking on the bright side of life..!
fingerscrossed

Post by fingerscrossed »

Shinealight

The 377 bus has not been discontinued, but renamed 77 and it is quite frequent at school times. Alternatives from Sutton are the 6 which goes Sutton to Walsall via Mere Green. You can also get the 451 from Sutton to Scott Arms and the 51 to Walsall. Both the 77 and 51 stop very close to QM Boys.
shinealight

Post by shinealight »

fingerscrossed

Thanks for the information. I had heard something about the increase in the frequency of another service but wasn't sure of the No. or about the route in comparison to the 377 service. I have today looked at the bus routes operated between Sutton and QM to find alternatives and did notice the 451 and a few others that stop quite close to QM. Hope to find a route that isn't too long and hopefully doesn't involve too many bus changes.

Will investigate further during the next few months but if you or any one else knows of suitable services for school runs, morning and after school, I'd be very grateful :D

Thanks
Shinealight
Always looking on the bright side of life..!