Waiting Lists & Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mr Benn

Re: Waiting Lists & Scores

Post by Mr Benn »

Does anybody know the correct email address for admissions ?

Ive been tryign to ring them all morning - finally got thru- and it just goes to an automated message , with no option to speak to anybody. The problem is the message that the lady has left is either spoken too fast or inaudable. And you cant back thru to listen again !

The email address bit I caught was ... admissions ...uk.net But there was something like ske ? in the middle.
shinealight

Post by shinealight »

admissions@ske.uk.net

Took me a while to get it right too, then logged onto the main website for the extension part as the receptionist at CHB said is was C for consortium but it was S. Sent e-mail on Wednesday no relpy yet but they are probably snowed under... :!:

Good luck
Shinealight
Always looking on the bright side of life..!
highschool

Post by highschool »

KenR wrote:Hi Highschool

You need to try to find out from the B/Ham LEA how many over PAN they offered this year and what happened in previous year. Suggest you call admissions and try to speak to someone.

The problem is they he may be 6th on the list but they will have to use up all of the places over PAN before they turn to the waiting list.

One thing I would do is request that the paper is remarked(Particularly if you son's handwiting is poor) - they do make the odd mistake which would oush you to 216 and give you an automatic place
Many Thanks Ken.
I called and asked about the number over the PAN and they said that this year it was zero, however my son is now 9th (he has moved down 3 places !!).

I was going to write and ask for a remark, but what happens if the score goes down a mark or two? Do I stick or twist ??
Razbod

Post by Razbod »

Just wondered if someone could explain as to why my ds has been offered a place at KE Aston (his 3rd choice) if BV pass mark is lower? BV was second choice.
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

highschool wrote: Many Thanks Ken.
I called and asked about the number over the PAN and they said that this year it was zero,
Maybe I'm not following this very well?
You asked them how many places above their PAN had been offered and they said "Zero"?
That really can't be correct.
I was going to write and ask for a remark, but what happens if the score goes down a mark or two? Do I stick or twist ??
That depends on the real answer to the question above but I know Independent schools are over offering more than usual this year in the expectation that many of their natural customers will be accepting places in state schools - given the uncertain economic situation.

Seeing as you asked, if I were in your shoes then I’d say “twist”.
um

Post by um »

Razbod - your situation certainly seems bizarre - either that, or the scores we have here are not correct?
The only people who can really answer that question are school admissions - best to give them a call.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

lt is bizarre, definitely phone as the scores are correct. :shock:
Razbod

Post by Razbod »

Thank you, I certainly will.
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

The LEA have been known to get it wrong occassionally:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ton#p18733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Razbod, definately call LEA and get it cleared up.
legaraal

Post by legaraal »

Does anyone know how the age standardisation has worked this year? I notice that in previous years, the score needed to get into (e.g.) Camp Hill Girls was about 330. This year it is about 220. My DD scored 274 in the exam, and we are wondering how much of this is down to her age (June birthday), and how much is down to how well she did in the test.

There is a thread on the Warwickshire forum which suggests that age standardisation in the Warks test was of very little significance this year - posts there suggest that the difference between the scores for the youngest child (Aug 2000 birthday) and oldest child (Sept 1999) sitting this year's test, would be adjusted by only a total of 2 marks to take into account differing ages. Yet a boy at my daughter's school who narrowly failed to get into any of the B'ham grammar schools, was apparently told by KE foundation office that he had been "docked" 20 points to reflect his age (December 1999 birthday). Can there really be that much discrepancy between how the Warks tests are age standardised, and how the KE tests are? They are both University of Durham CEM tests after all.

Just interested!! Have younger son who may be going down this route in the future, who is also a June birthday.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now