Waiting Lists & Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KenR

Waiting Lists & Scores

Post by KenR »

Would be grateful if anyone who unlucky enough to be on a KE grammar or SGS/BV waiting list or who has spoken to admissions could post the minimum pass scores for the various schools on this thread. This will enable me to update ref material.

Don't forget that anyone considering appealing and wants advice or information should post this on the Appeals Forum and include B/Ham and the score in the title.
mike1880

Re: Waiting Lists & Scores

Post by mike1880 »

I suggest anyone who doesn't wish to broadcast what may be a disappointing outcome for their child might PM the information to Ken.

Mike
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Qualifying scores so far from another thread:

KECH: 232
KEFW: 223
KEA: 217
BV: 215

Clearly a major change in the way the exam is standardised this year then, perhaps the two papers being standardised and added together rather than the three subject areas? Speculation...

Mike
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Not that I understand anything about standardisation, but I think you're right. We were given his marks from paper 1 and then from paper 2 and the total score.

The range of age-standardised scores achieved by students were between 127 and 276 points.
fm

Post by fm »

They appear to have standardised each paper separately, English in the first paper, and maths and non-verbal in the second. This is quite a change, with English now accounting for 50% of the mark.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Perhaps that might help to redress the (non-existent, obviously) imbalance between girls and boys.

Mike
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Does anyone know the lowest standardised score to get a place at Sutton Girls?
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Sorry also the lowest score for KE Handsworth?
KenR

Post by KenR »

Interesting that they have switched to standardising individual papers rather than VR/English, Maths & NVR sections. I supose we might have preducted this though once we found out that all of the English/VR was in one papeer this year and the Maths/NVR in the other.

As regards the scoring - it looks as though these are fairly consistent with previous years - KEFW was 223 (average of 111.5) whereas last year it was 335 (average of 111.7) so as this equates to the precentile of pupils that were successful this is fairly consistent.

Regards
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Have letters been sent out now , as we hadnt received our scores from the exam my bairn took for the Sutton girls exam.

We have received the scores from the Warwickshire exam she took.

Are we right in thinking we will get to know the scores for our 2nd choice (Sutton) , even though she has been offered her 1st Choice of school ?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now