Waiting Lists & Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mike1880

Re: Waiting Lists & Scores

Post by mike1880 »

No, there was (I think) only one year when scores were sent automatically for Sutton, otherwise for the B'ham grammars you only get your score if you're unsuccessful. I think you'll probably be able to get scores by writing to the Consortium though. They're a bit more resistant to handing them out to people who've been offered a place but I believe they will do so if pressed (because they have to anyway under FoI/DPA - I have no clue which applies now it's a "Consortium"!).
KenR wrote:As regards the scoring - it looks as though these are fairly consistent with previous years - KEFW was 223 (average of 111.5) whereas last year it was 335 (average of 111.7) so as this equates to the precentile of pupils that were successful this is fairly consistent.
It's probably worth quoting that average for scores in the sticky for this and previous years to assist comparisons (and for those of us fixated on the statistics that would remove a step when looking things up on a 15SD table!)

Mike
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

SS1,

I think the cut off point for Sutton Girls is 207 - this was from my sister who unfortunately did not gain a place for her daughter.

Thanks Elbart
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Some more interesting scores :o

KE FW: 223

KE CHG: 222

KE Handsworth: 211

Sutton Girls: 207

Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Thanks for the reply Mike

Can we call somewhere to get our scores for Sutton girls ?

I just shake my head at the endless cloak and dagger that surrounds these exams. Its obvioulsy part of their job description.
DadTutor

Post by DadTutor »

DIY Mum wrote:Some more interesting scores :o

KE FW: 223

KE CHG: 222

KE Handsworth: 211

Sutton Girls: 207

KE CHB 232

KE FW 223

KE Aston 217
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Mr Benn wrote:Can we call somewhere to get our scores for Sutton girls ?
Call the Consortium (0121 415 6004) and ask them what you need to do. They're a genuine pleasure to deal with, unfailingly polite and helpful. They may well try to talk you out of it but I'm sure if you insist they'll explain what's required (e.g. whether you need to email them or write them a letter or whatever). Let us know how you get on, I'm contemplating asking for our daughter's score which will probably be more difficult to extract from them because they don't like the parents of kids who've received offers to know their scores (it cuts down on fist fights over the buffet at induction evening).

Mike
floozey

Post by floozey »

I called and they are helpful.

My DC got a their 1st choice and accepting this, however I am curious about the marks. They told me to email which I did. Just got a reply to say that the marks will be posted to me in 2-3 days.
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Hi Mike - thanks for the info .

I will give them a call tomorrow, and let you know how I got on.

For once I agree with their notion about not giving scores out . We dont intend to tell our kids their score , its just for our info.
highschool

Post by highschool »

Hi

My son is 6th on the waiting list at BV, he scored 215 (the same as the cut off score). Does anyone know what chance he has of being offered a place?
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Highschool

You need to try to find out from the B/Ham LEA how many over PAN they offered this year and what happened in previous year. Suggest you call admissions and try to speak to someone.

The problem is they he may be 6th on the list but they will have to use up all of the places over PAN before they turn to the waiting list.

One thing I would do is request that the paper is remarked(Particularly if you son's handwiting is poor) - they do make the odd mistake which would oush you to 216 and give you an automatic place

Hope this helps
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now