In year admissions to KE

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
houseful

In year admissions to KE

Post by houseful »

Hi

Does anyone have any info in regards to the procedure for in year admissions to KE ie. years 8 or above?

Also what is the format of the exam?

Many Thanks
KenR

Re: In year admissions to KE

Post by KenR »

I believe the process for year-8+ admissions is via direct application to the school.

Obviously only those children who didn't take the 11+ exam in year-6 would be eligible for consideration. Typically those moving into the area, although it does sometimes include those wishing to move between KE schools.

There are a numbers of exams set and marked by the respective schools.

Regards
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I think the bar on those who have already taken the test was removed a year or two ago (I certainly didn't see it last time I scanned through the in-year admissions policy), and application for in-year admission now has to be via the LEA. Other than that I know nothing, I'm afraid. You could always contact the Foundation to ask about the test format - although in theory it may be specific to each school.

Mike
houseful

Post by houseful »

You're right Mike. I spoke to the foundation today and in year admissions are open to all.Candidates on the waiting list are invited to do an entrance exam if and when a place becomes available in any year group. The format of the exam however is not known, and as you say is possibly specific to each individual school.
KenR

Post by KenR »

I think we do know the format of the exam because Lottie's child took this a year or so ago for KE 5-Ways - I think there was a posting on the subject. The exam is school specific not foundation wide
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I haven't managed to find anything on the format, if you can lay hands on it can you post a link? (But I think lottie still drops by at infrequent intervals and may see this thread.)

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now