Non Verbal Test Papers v difficult!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
reeyah

Re: Non Verbal Test Papers v difficult!

Post by reeyah »

menagerie wrote:You cracked NVR isn one night, no-ball? Spill the beans! :D

?!!!! Is that even possible?! Please do share how u managed that?! You have mentioned this 'one night ' on another post too. I'm intrigued!
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Break down nor into relevant sections, understand what pattern is being checked, crack the method of process elimination and hey presto....good luck
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

no_ball wrote:Break down nor into relevant sections, understand what pattern is being checked, crack the method of process elimination and hey presto....good luck
We cracked it too!! The paper that we thought was extremely difficult yesterday suddenly looked just 'slightly tricky' today. DS seemed to suddenly get it!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

if it still seems elusive - and you have plenty of time - The AE tuition books are really good, they take you through step by step
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

I think there are additional marks to be gained if a parent and/or tutor assists with NVR. it's a tricky subject to teach itself I found, more a case of natural ability to a large degree.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

I can't seem to find the page now :? (about what CEM are looking for in candidates) but in the past, they have stated that their NVR assessment is ultimately about mental rotation and speed- there aren't many papers that have questions which test those areas!!

Bond has a section; so does the Alpha nvr series.

But there is also a website that homes in on this area and maybe of use. Ds1 loved it and was away designing & rotating 3d shapes (but ds2 and dd didn't bother!). :roll:

Enjoy reading about it here!

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now