Eid Mubarak - Non 11+ stuff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

no_ball

Re: Eid Mubarak - Non 11+ stuff

Post by no_ball »

Lent involves fasting, one meal in the evening, thats it. But modern day Lent is giving up chocolate or Eastenders..
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Precious wrote:I Happened to stumble on this thread, and although its a little belated, a very warm Eid mubarak to all.
Belated greetings from me too - Eid Mubarak!
pheasantchick wrote: ....... why is the date undecided .......
Interesting question. Dates in other religions can be a bit complicated too - I wonder how many Christians (without looking it up!) could explain exactly how the date of Easter is fixed, or why the Orthodox Church celebrates Christmas on 7th January? :)
Etienne
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Many thanks for your warm wishes.

It is galling that with an estimated UK muslim population of around 4-5million, there was no mention (significant or otherwise) of Eid in the mainstream media. Whereas in a few days time, the xmas fever will descend upon us.

I personally had to book a holiday from work to celebrate Eid!! I have tried unsuccessfully to work on xmas day in order to swap for eid.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

You can swap with me for Christmass day - rota just out :roll:
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

deal.

:mrgreen:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

no_ball wrote:deal.

:mrgreen:

I'll let the rota office know . :wink: ..... actually I also have to book it as annual leave if I want not to work on Christmass day / Good Friday / Easter Day - but having worked them for years it just becomes one of those things - camaraderie good and we can go to church and celebrate at another time.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

i was referring to those that have office based jobs, Mon-Fri brigade.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

no_ball wrote:i was referring to those that have office based jobs, Mon-Fri brigade.
ah yes .. odd life, can't imagine it somehow!
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Belated Eid Mubarak to all ;-)

I'm very proud of my DS1 as he managed three fasts. He is currently undergoing chemo , but insisted on fasting. Hope insha'Allah ( God willing ) , he ends up in a school he will be the happiest. The exact moment one opens their fast is supposed to be when one is closest to God, so we prayed for health first and then, *clears throat* , success in the Eleven Plus ;-)
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Belated khair Mubarak and best wishes to all for forthcoming tests. Remember they are only 10 or 11! And relatively speaking one of the hardest exams they will ever face.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now