Sutton Girls Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bloxy57

Sutton Girls Grammar

Post by Bloxy57 »

Hello everyone.
Having been to all the open days I must say I was really impressed with Sutton Girls last week. However there is not a great deal mentioned on this forum about this school compared to the others. I'd be really interested in hearing any views on this school from prospective parents or parents whose girls are already at the school.
After visiting the school we are very much considering making this our first choice. Going by previous posts on this forum it seems that this school reqiures the lowest scores to get in compared to the other grammars. Is this because of reputations, league tables, exam results, location etc?
I'm fairly new to the Bham area so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Good luck to everyone waiting for the results.
shital

Re: Sutton Girls Grammar

Post by shital »

Hi, We miss the open evening.. Good to hear that, Is ther is any green buses goes ther?
Bubble

Re: Sutton Girls Grammar

Post by Bubble »

Hi Bloxy57
We’ve been to a number of open days over the past few years, and each of my DD’s have preferred different schools from one other :roll: . I’ve also been really impressed with Sutton Girls and even though it’s my 1st choice, my youngest DD prefers Queen Mary’s - I’d be overjoyed for her to get into either school.
I imagine that the lower entry score is down to the location which can be difficult to get to for some people and no reflection at all on standards which are extremely high. We also liked KEHG but DD felt the journey was a touch too long.
Having lived near the area for a long time and knowing a few parents who have daughters attending Sutton Girls I can honestly say that they all love it there and it has a great reputation. At the end of the day it just comes down to picking the school that feels right for you and your DD. Good luck with your choices.

Hi Shital,
No Green Bus that I know of, but there is a train station (trains from Aston/B’ham/Lichfield) and quite a few buses stop in the centre of Sutton if girls don’t mind a bit of a trek up the hill to get to school. A number buses stop directly outside the school but not sure which these are other than they have connections from both B’ham & Walsall.

Bubble
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now