Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 pm 

Well, if you have done your LEA form on line today, u will be probably one of the eager beavers quivering in your boots, come Feb 28th! ( it's not a leap year is it?! )

Well, I'd better do mine now!! Or should I just post it, hence avoiding the drama on this site lol?? Decisions decisions...!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:59 pm 
I used old fashioned ink and paper, I am considerably older than most here. My DS received a personal letter from the school he got into on the day results got posted online, it was a lovely touch! This was ahead of the letter from the local council, no surprise there!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:49 pm 

Had a slight panic as the website crashed and didn't process my submitted form...but then it did when I next attempted.

I have received the confirmation email and it all brings back a lot of memories.

I heard that we may receive the email at any time from midnight until 3.30pm on 1st March. So there seems little point in waiting up all night then :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 pm 
I suspect successful kids will hear the day before as what happened this year...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:29 pm 

This year our email arrived around 1:30pm on the 1st, but for those who'd applied online the results were available on the website shortly before midnight on the 28th.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:07 am 

Just submitted our application on-line :-).

Mike, yes I remember all the parents here last year. They were excitedly posting as they were logging onto the LEA site and getting their results!

No_ball, I don't think all Grammar passes got letters earler. Perhaps it was just Camp Hill Boys.. Oo I may get a letter like that! * dreaming *

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:09 am 

I just thought, Um and Mike have mentioned Emails.. I assumed u had to log onto your LEA account??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:43 am 
Ok, I assumed this was a KE thing, I stand corrected!

Good luck, what the almighty does is always for the best

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:06 am 

Er..sorry..looking at all the discussions going here, I am trembling and trying to type this...Am I missing something??

Is the online submission last date for Birmingham LEA today?? I thought it is last day of october?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:24 am 

twinsmom11 wrote:
Er..sorry..looking at all the discussions going here, I am trembling and trying to type this...Am I missing something??

Is the online submission last date for Birmingham LEA today?? I thought it is last day of october?

That's right. See here.

The page is badly written. You are advised to return the paper form by 1Oct, so that you have time to receive an acknowledgement and chase it if you don't get it. The online deadline is 31Oct. The text on the webpage "You are strongly advised to apply online or to have returned your Birmingham Local Authority Preference Form by this date." is spectacularly ambiguous. It is presumably intended to convey "You are strongly advised to apply online, but if you are using the paper form, you are strongly advised to have done so by 1Oct".