Only 4.5months to go for the result!!!
um

Re: Good luck!!

Post by um »

110 days :D
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I am so glad it is over now. I am not expecting a lot so will try not to think too much about the results.

DS was one of the first to come out and the relief on his face was so obvious. He also came out saying that it was 'quite easy' but I think he meant easier than expected: I had told him to be ready to face his ultimate nemesis - I think he was just relieved that it was written in English :wink: . His friend is a bright boy but came out saying it was hard, so it is difficult to know how to take what they say.

HGB to go next week and then we can take a break for a while until January. Who knows?... I might even get through the pile of ironing that has been menacing me for weeks.

Well done, to all DCs :!:
UmSusu
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

One of the kids down the street also found it difficult and he is also full time at that money making tutor centre run by an Asian gentlemen, those in the know know which one!
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

reeyah wrote: Ok, without going into detail, most children seemed to come out very happy ( which I think will mean a higher pass mark?!). DS said mostly fairly ok, maths and vocabulary hard.
No, I don’t think it means anything. My DS went out very happy :D ... as usual (He always has a smile on his face, being of a good-humoured nature :D )... but once at home, as I tried to know a bit more, I got tears!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: It never happened to us before as each time he got out of a mock, he was confident and happy... and did rather well... (I know, mock exams don't recreate the real thing, so we can't judge the level of a child on that.. but it gives hopes when a child do well, and more importantly, it gives self-confidence to the child )

I do think now he messed up a bit... how big is this bit is what I don’t know! Certainly, it is normal not to manage everything, due to the nature of the exam, but there were surely some hard components!

Oh! And he did stupid things that he never did before :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ... a bit like my DD who - with the pressure mounting up during her driving test due to minor mistakes - started to drive of the right handside of the road, a thing she NEVER did before! Can you imaginme that???? Well, of course, you can guess, she failed it... for a matter of nerves :( :(

Anyway, that’s over now... going to the cinema tonight to have a good laugh :D ... and then we’ll think about the next exam...
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

Anything good on in the pics for the kids?
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Tin tin and Arthur Christmas are on - I am not sure how appealing that choice is though. I want to watch The Help as I read that book last year and really enjoyed it. I guess it will end up being Tin Tin but I am saving that for next week as My mum has promised DS a big family meal in his honour so we are there tonight :D
UmSusu
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

The post mortem is the difficult one to avoid, be strong and change topic of conversation
Sallyannb1

Post by Sallyannb1 »

I have only ever posted once before, but i have got to get this off my chest about today, i feel so cross.
My DD was tested at KECH. The process seemed so slick. We got there, and queued, and the girls were taken off us, and all was well. We found out where to collect the girls from, and that was fine.
At pick up, it was bedlam. The collection process for the area i was stood in (B) was a nightmare, and it took 45 mins to get my daughter.
I then as I'm sure we all did, proceed to ask her how it went. She was in the main hall with all the other (B's), and it transpires, that the tape recording of the instructions broke. It took them a while to realise this, and so the girls in the hall had to hear the instructions given by a man who read them out. It appears that on several occasions, he failed to give them a minute warning, and so on a few occasions, they were told to put their pens down, when they didn't know their time was up. I fully understand that if my dd had any questions left at the end of any of the sections, that this means that she was not quick enough to answer them, and therefore that these would mean missed marks. However i had told her, that she would always get a minute warning, and that during this time, she should answer the questions with a guess.
To make matters worse, the child next to her, cried the whole way through the test. Poor thing!

If my DD doesn't get in because she was not bright enough to pass, i fully respect that, but to be put at a disadvantage, with the tape failing, and not having the warnings, plus the distraction of the girl crying, has really made me feel like this is a real problem, and it could literally have cost hear few marks.

Was anyone else's DD in the hall at KECH girls?
Many Thanks
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Jane Eyre try not to worry about your son. I think the tears may be as much about relief as worry about the bits he missed. Missed questions will be the case for most of the children who sat the test.
My son often comes out confident and then drip feeds the bad news later as things start to occur to him. As long as your DS was fairly accurate with the parts he did answer he still has a good chance.

It is all down to their fate now. All the best to you both.
UmSusu
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now