confused!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: confused!

Post by hermanmunster »

koala wrote:Wasn't difficult and can't take any credit for it:

http://www.kefw.bham.sch.uk/ke/our_scho ... _timetable" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fab - I only got as far as the foundation website and ending up reminiscing too much :lol: :lol: :lol: (went to KEHS lots of decades ago)

PS interesting that the open days are AFTER the exam!
koala

Post by koala »

I think Camp Hill Girls has one open day in July and one in Sept - perhaps more of the Foundation Schools will move to this with the new registration and exam timetable. Some/many? (we did) families view the schools at the start of Year 5 to incentivise children so it shouldn't make too much difference to those who are organised. Assume the LA Preference Form doesn't need to be submitted until the end of October? so late September Open Days should be okay.

Koala
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Wow! This is great news. It will be such a relief not to have to wait all those months before results are out.

The only drawback for me now is that I will have to get a move on with DS2 who will be sitting the exam in September - I am still preparing DS1 for the Indies and was hoping for a break before I get started with DS2. Oh well..... :?
UmSusu
wanting4

Post by wanting4 »

Thanks for the suggestions...I've contacted the office and just waiting for a reply...lost deposits comes to mind!! :?
wanting4

Post by wanting4 »

Koala yes we viewed this year too so once the results are out we should be able to do the form qu.ite easily

Thanks for the date too...what a relief! I didn't read all the posts before posting a reply, silly me! x
Camphillian

Post by Camphillian »

DIY Mum wrote:
Just out of interest, how did you manage to get your dc's results, Camphillian? When ds1 won KECHB, I contacted the Consortium (when he was mid-way through Y7) and they told me that they were not allowed to give out his results. And yes, I mentioned the Data Protection Act etc... :roll:
I think I wrote to the address that was on the form and I got a letter back. Curiosity just got the better of me, but I didn't say anything to DS - wasn't sure he could cope with having come top! (only kidding :lol: )
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

You are lucky. I did the same- sent a letter but got a different response. :roll:

TBH, my curiosity has waned. I thought ds1's results might give me some indication as to how ds2 may perform. But since the exam changes from year to year; exam comparisions are unreliable.

Look forward to dc taking their GCSEs soon... :)