King Edward Edgbaston scholership interviews?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
busybees

King Edward Edgbaston scholership interviews?

Post by busybees »

Hi

Can someone tell me how the scholership interviews are offered. When he went for the exam we were given letter that you will hear from us for the interviews for next week. Does anyone know how do they give this interviews??

Thank you
Last edited by busybees on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poiuyt

Re: King Edward Edgbaston scholership interviews?

Post by poiuyt »

I think they start calling for interviews about a week after the test, they work in mark order; they also call bursary interviewees quite soon.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

busybees - is this KES, the boys' school you mean? You referred to a 'she' and now I'm panicking about why my daughter is sitting her KEHS exams next week!
busybees

Post by busybees »

Turtlegirl wrote:busybees - is this KES, the boys' school you mean? You referred to a 'she' and now I'm panicking about why my daughter is sitting her KEHS exams next week!
Sorry its he. :)
bubblebug

Post by bubblebug »

Hi all

I am new to this all, my son took the KES exam last week.

We applied for an Assisted Place and would appreciate if someone can kindly confirm how this works.
If he did well enough to be considered for a scholarship (i understand they do offer scholarships of upto 50%)- would they take into account that i applied for a AP or would they still offer a scholarship.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
Camphillian

Post by Camphillian »

As I understand it, the boys who come top in the test are invited for scholarship interviews regardless of whether you have applied for an AP. If he is awarded an academic scholarship, this can be supplemented by an AP up to the value of full fees if necessary. However, the scholarship part would never be withdrawn, even if you won the lottery, as that is his on merit, whereas the AP part is dependent on your income. Hope I have made sense here. KES also interview all APs and also borderline candidates.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Does anyone know whether the girls' school interviews too? Have applied for an AP. Not expecting a scholarship.
bubblebug

Post by bubblebug »

Dear Camphillian

Thanks for your reply, it all finally makes sense.
I hope we all receive some good news soon! x
pushymum

Post by pushymum »

Hi all, My DS has been called in for an interview early next week. Does this mean he has a scholership or an assisted place? The lady was very brief and did not give much information.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Pushymum, it would be best to check with the school if you are unsure but as far as I know they start by interviewing scholarship candidates, then APs followed by borderline cases. They only start interviewing on Monday so that seems like it could be for a scholarship :D .

Good luck!
UmSusu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now