Newport Girls High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mike1880

Re: Newport Girls High School

Post by mike1880 »

Congratulations to both your daughters!

I'm afraid you've been a bit lonely on here this year, but it's been like that for the last couple of years.

Mike
omo

Post by omo »

congrats to u all< my dd would be sitting for this year's exam, hoping all goes well. she has been practising but heard the exam format changes every year. Any idea please on what needs to be covered??? :?:
vza

Post by vza »

Hi OMO,

Durham CEM tests have been used for several years now for 11+ entry to the Birmingham grammar schools (KE consortium), Queen Mary’s in Walsall and Adams and NGHS in Newport . For the content of the past papers read very good posts by KenR on this forum.

My DD took the Newport and Wolverhampton tests last year. She has been offered a place at Wolverhampton and she is 3rd on the waiting list for Newport. These are my recollections of these tests:

Newport Test
After finding the comprehension content of the test very difficult, DD panicked and this affected her confidence. I believe she could have done better, if I had prepared her psychologically for this very hard test. This was my post on this forum on 26 November 2011 after the test:
“My dear daughter today sat the Newport's test. When I picked her up, she was upset. She said, “ Eng/VR was very hard, did not have enough time to do all the Math questions but OK with NV”. I need to boost DD moral for Wolverhampton exam next Saturday. I appreciate any feedbacks from other parents.”

Wolverhampton Test
GL assessments set the Wolverhampton test . After the test, I picked up a happy child and her feed back was much more encouraging:
English paper, easy, time OK;
VR easy, missed the last few questions;
NVR easy, not sure of 5 questions but did educated guess;
Math easy, not sure of few of the questions.

I have more info on the Newport exam and numbers allocated within catchments area and outside. If they are any use to you, provide an email address and I will email them.
mv45

Post by mv45 »

hi V.Zandian

My DD fedback indentical comments! She too passed the Wolverhampton test.

mv45
ChessDadPlus

Post by ChessDadPlus »

Apologies if I have missed a trick here.

Are you saying you have been conditionally offered a place subject to a good result from Sep 2012 exam, or is this as a result of 2011?exam?
vza

Post by vza »

Hi ChessDadPlus,

These posts and results relates to 2011 exam.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now