Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2006 Tests
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:48 am 
Hello,

Can anyone confirm whether the tests sat in 2006 were the same for Nov and the 2nd round. My reason for asking are

1. My daughter sat the test in Nov and she failed to gain a place, fair enough, however,

2. Someone in her class sat the second round of tests, and he got a place.

Having shared the contents of the first Nov test, would he have been in a position of advantage ?

Do I have a ground to make an appeal, and if so what are the chances. Are both tests using the same papers?

I would welcome your epxert views.

Many Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:49 pm 
I know in Essex they change the English paper and I believe the maths and vr remain the same (I guess it is harder the that information to be passed on). Hope that helps. I am also in the process of appealing, good luck to you.

Post subject: Re: 2006 Tests
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:46 pm 

Appeal Parent Hoping wrote:
Hello,

Can anyone confirm whether the tests sat in 2006 were the same for Nov and the 2nd round. My reason for asking are [snipped]

Not expert views I'm afraid...

I've noticed KenR being very informative on the (slim) chances RE: appeals and waiting lists for KEG schools. If you search the forum? I've never come across an answer to your first question anywhere though. Do the Foundation Office refuse to answer – that might be an answer in itself?

Perhaps it's just the way I'm reading it but you sound a little distressed and I'm very sorry that things haven't worked out as you'd hoped.

I'm not sure how you'd wish to put your appeal, from what you've said so far, as you're not questioning anything about your daughters performance. Even if they would listen to you about the other child's story, how would that help you daughter? Unless they were persuaded to withdraw that offer and your daughter were next on the list – which isn't going to happen and I'm sure isn't what you meant... I just can't get anything else from what you've written.