Handsworth Grammar for boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

UmSusu

Handsworth Grammar for boys

Post by UmSusu »

Does anyone know where I can find the dates for HGB exam in 2012? Their website still showing 2011 dates. Someone on this forum (ambar) mentioned 15th September but I don't know how to verify this.

I know it is ages away and can't bear to think about dates all over again but my sister has booked her wedding that day and one of them will have to change as I suspect she might want us around
UmSusu
poppit

Re: Handsworth Grammar for boys

Post by poppit »

Hi Umsusu

I found this on the Birmingham LEA website, it could be worth trying that phone number:

"Entry to Handsworth Grammar School
Parents should note that Handsworth Grammar School (Boys) have their own selective test arrangements. Application forms to take the tests for entrance to this school will be available from July 2011 and can be obtained by email from the school on enquiry@handsworth.bham.sch.uk or by telephoning 0121 554 2794 or the Admissions and Appeals Service. You must indicate this school on your child’s Local Authority preference Form as well as applying to take the tests to be considered for a place."

The admissions lady there is really nice, I had to ask for my DS to do the 2nd exam because he had the Old Swinford exam on the same day, she couldn't have been more helpful and understanding (Old Swinford refused to provide me with any flexibility), I just had to send a letter in explaining why.

Good luck!
UmSusu

Re: Handsworth Grammar for boys

Post by UmSusu »

Thanks Poppit, I will call them up. I doubt they would be amenable to a late sitting due to a wedding but she is my sister and it would mess things up to miss half the day....
UmSusu
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now