KES results and pants!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

poiuyt

Re: KES results and pants!

Post by poiuyt »

Is um gonna start a countdown for Monday morning or will they be posted on Monday?
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Um is okay for Monday because thankfully her DS had an AP interview so he will def pass.

I am in limbo though so I will start this countdown..

43 HORRENDOUS HOURS TO GO.....

Must admit, v slightly relieved now. At least the weekend is carrying on as normal instead of a big black cloud hanging over us if we had had bad news!
um

Post by um »

Got ds1's results 2 years ago so have just delved into my filing cabinet for them.
Can't see anything on the notepaper but the envelope says 'Crusader'.

Maybe the company has changed their name now?

Happily, I have also found the hand written card from Mr Roden at Camp Hill too, so dc5 didn't eat it after all
:D :D :D

Although it is now clear that KES for some reason didn't post first class yesterday (absolutely no-one I know has received a letter), Reeyah, you have more faith in the postal service than I do...hence why there is no countdown for KES :roll:
Could be Monday...could be Tuesday...could be lost forever like ds2's birthday cards from my mum and sister :x

PS Has anyone tried calling KES?
um

Post by um »

Definitely called Conqueror now though - and they're pretty expensive!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Conqueror-Super ... 14&sr=1-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They've changed the logo too...got rid of the pic of the knight on horseback and there's just a rather subtle cross there now :lol:
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

Ah so that's why the fees went up
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Conqueror have been around for ages - we used to use them for all our clients (before times got tough).

KES said first class but maybe they missed the last post and sent it late. I for one am glad that I don't have to deal with it until Monday whilst DS is at school.

If it is like this for KES I dread to think the mayhem that would be caused if BCC are late in posting results . How long left now?
UmSusu
Camphillian

Post by Camphillian »

um wrote:Definitely called Conqueror now though - and they're pretty expensive!
Conqueror is probably the next price band up from Crusader! It implies some sort of progress anyway. :wink:
um

Post by um »

I know Birmingham encourages online application, so presumably even if the snail mail or email is delayed, parents can log on and view results via the website.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of parents have applied online to Birmingham, as compared to those using (and awaiting) snail mail.

I don't think KES have used 2nd class stamps (although we'll know on Monday!) but guess that the large shipment has met with delay in the postal system.
poppit

Post by poppit »

I did try ringing KES this morning, at first I got a automatic message that Mrs Phillips was on the phone, when I rang back 5 minutes later the phone just rang out unanswered. From this I deduced that Mrs was probably never on the phone, it was just another parent ringing in at the same time as me so the line was engaged.
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

This is getting serious