KES : Good news

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
reeyah

Re: KES : Good news

Post by reeyah »

Ok1! what wonderful news! I am really really pleased for you...you scoff them ladoos 'till your heart's content!

To anyone who doesn't know what ladoos are... they are gigantic orange balls of sweet gooey loveliness that Asian's celebrate with...!!

poiuyt, relief all round that u only choked on a hashbrown, would hate to see the mess with a ladoo.....
claireabel

Post by claireabel »

thats fantastic news ok1, even knowing we have bad news ourselves its still heart warming to see such nice people as urself get goodnews :D

congrats anxiousmother and bubblebug too! :)
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Love the title of this thread! Well done to all who've got this far without losing the plot completely, even in the face of a thin envelope.

I also loved your story, ok1 - just makes you realise that some professionals aren't as clued up as they seem. We had a rather torrid time with a tutor who couldn't grapple with our daughter's dyslexic concentration issues and ended up terminating the tuition, as she did with others who she decided weren't going to make it.
bubblebug

Post by bubblebug »

Thank you so much to everyone for their support and kind words
Last edited by bubblebug on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goodman

Post by Goodman »

I guess the same lady tutor was the one who wrote my DS off without meeting or assessing him.

A friend of ours even got a bit further by going for her assessment, paid some 20-40 quid only to be told his DS was not good enough.

I cant wait to prove her wrong like ok1.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

A very kind and thoughtful opening to this thread, umsusu!! Thanks... :D

Your profound kindness and humour has always struck me (as the ones of so many other regular posters), and I know that your DS has the most important quality, that you have known how to instil in him during all these last 10-11 years: the intelligence of the heart. So be proud of your darling, whatever results he gets! :D

All my congrats to you anxiousmother and bubblebug! Well done to your DC! :D :D

And a special congratulation to your DS, ok1! :D And thank you for sharing your story; I am sure it will be a balm for the heart of the parents currently preparing their DS for the next 11+ exams or even later! Resilience is the key and even if some of us have bad news today or in 9 days, hard work will always pay off!

See????? My English is terrible; I certainly do mistake (s) in each sentence and can't help properly my darling in his studies... but we have rolled up our sleeves and so far, he had several good news (scholarship in another indie, and a place in a TOP indie ... but very expensive one! :( ).
Our KES letter is still closed, due to some promise :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

You are very sweet JaneEyre. Heartfelt congratulations to you - I hope the offer comes in the form that you would like. Let us know how he reacts as he opens his envelope.

Well done to bubblebug, ok1, anxious mother too. Ok1, that is quite an achievement, well done and enjoy! Your story can teach us all a lot about determination and a positive attitude. I am sending DS2 to you for this September's exams! Or perhaps I need a joint contract with your DS. :wink:

There are a couple of regulars whose updates are missing on here. I won't name you (yet!) but await to celebrate vicariously through your news.
UmSusu
um

Post by um »

Our letter (like our usual post) did not arrive until this afternoon. Ds2 has a full fee paying place.
Been busy with an ill and ratty toddler since...

Many, many congratulations, ok1 and everyone else!

I wish everyone's dcs the very best for their future schools and every happiness in life and learning.

Sorry no emoticons - phone is playing up!
Last edited by um on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pushymum

Post by pushymum »

Hi, just received our letter an hour ago. DS got an offer of full-fee which we will not be able to afford. We did apply for AP but was not offered any. :(

Congrats to whoever's DS got through.

I was wondering is it worth me talking to Mrs Phillips regarding an AP offer after 1st March, as there maybe parents who will not be taking up the offer, after the grammar results? :idea:
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Pushy Mum, I would definitely contact Mrs Philips after March 1st regarding an AP.

If you scroll down, you will notice a couple of members whose ds were initially offered a full fee place and at a later date, they state that it has been changed to an Assisted Place. :wink:

Congratulations to all those who received good news: Ok1; Jane Eyre (fantastic news about Magdalene College and Warwick scholarship) :D

Reeyah, you must be proud of your ds' admirable courage and strength of character to sit exams whilst going through chemotheraphy. Wishing you all the best.

DIY Mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now