KES : Good news

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wanting4

Re: KES : Good news

Post by wanting4 »

Ok1 your post made me tearful! Many congratulations, you must be so proud. Big congrats to all the other boys who gained a place too!!

On the subject of sweet things...please don't talk about them anymore! I have the munchies and no Dairy Milk in the house :lol:
bubblebug

Post by bubblebug »

Are you tempted to call her and shout "in your face" at her?

ha ha too funny!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

poiuyt wrote:Ghajar halwa
Yes! Excellent choice poiuyt! Along with kheer / rice pudding that is my favourite. For those who have the time or inclination, it is best when made with slightly less butter and can be moulded into a lovely shape. Oh, and rice pudding has to be made with large grained Italian pudding rice and infused with fresh vanilla pods - the flavour becomes so creamy that no cream will be necessary.

As you can probably tell, I like my food :D ( I suppose I should seeing as though football dad has called me umsumu twice now -that makes me sound more like a wrestler than a foodie though! :oops: )
UmSusu
anxious_mother

Post by anxious_mother »

Many Thanks to All for the good wishes.
DS came home and eagerly opened the letter. He was happy at first and then was nearly in tears that he did not get a scholarship but his mind got diverted when I gave him his favorite KAJU burfi and Vanilla pastry . Dad got them specially for him from Dhesi Sweets(Soho Road). 8) :wink: :idea:
wanting4

Post by wanting4 »

FluffyD wrote:
Are you tempted to call her and shout "in your face" at her? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Sorry to be ignorant, whats AP ( I've wandered in from another region)?
bad1min2ton

Post by bad1min2ton »

I got decent news in my letter. I think there was a minor delay in the letters because it was sent last Friday. I got a successfully passed my exam with a small scholarship. Many congratulations to ok1. What are those Asian Foods? I've never even heard of them!
Last edited by bad1min2ton on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bad1min2ton

Post by bad1min2ton »

pheasantchick wrote:Sorry to be ignorant, whats AP ( I've wandered in from another region)?
It is an abbreviation for Assisted Place(money recieved in independent schools because of poor family income)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Assisted Place ?
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Reading Mum wrote:Assisted Place ?
Has that dreadful 'new posts' button brought you over here? We need to get rid of it - although you are welcome any time, I need to get rid of it for my sake!

A means-tested bursary that can be offered by the school to financially assist very able candidates who might otherwise not be able to afford the fees. KES usually offer 30-35 places a year on the scheme and considers making a contribution on a sliding scale depending on parental income (up to 70k pa).

Hope that makes sense
Last edited by UmSusu on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UmSusu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now