KE pass scores for 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KenR

Re: KE pass scores for 2012

Post by KenR »

Hi Anxious Mother

Yes thanks for the sample question paper - the problem being that sample paper don't necessarily tell us if the real exam is the same as this year's or previous year's KE exam or how they are going to be age standardised. We can only glean this when we get feedback from parents who request the detailed information in support of waiting list or appeal review
anxious_mother

Post by anxious_mother »

KenR,
Sorry did I say sample paper ? :oops: The info I gave you in the pm was actually from the real paper sat by my DS at QMGS in 2011 and in this forum I have given all the stats. regarding the exam
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi

yes it was the exam section content.

The problem is that its not totally clear how they do the standardisation - it appears that they do a single simple standardisation across all questions:-
Places in Year 7 of the School from the first day of the Autumn Term 2012 will be awarded on the basis of the results in the three skill areas which
are tested: verbal reasoning (incorporating elements of English), non-verbal reasoning (incorporating elements of Maths) and numeracy. Raw scores
will be standardised to take account of differences in ages. An order of merit will be drawn up, based on the aggregate standardised marks in all
three skill areas.
The trouble is that they are not being transparent - they don't appear to be saying what the standardised score of the last successful candidate is - they just seem to give a rank
MSD

Post by MSD »

KenR,

Would be grateful if you can publish the exam content.

MSD

[Mod] Done: See sticky on top of B/Ham section
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now