Hands up, I was wrong about tuition!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
reeyah

Re: Hands up, I was wrong about tuition!!

Post by reeyah »

um wrote::lol: I was thinking it was meant to be a sort of cloze test practice!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

reeyah wrote:No idea why the **** came up! Promise I didn't swear :shock:
:lol: :lol: just one of those words that hits the filter.. (d a t i n g )
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

reeyah wrote:No idea why the **** came up! Promise I didn't swear :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course, you didn't swear!! We know you too well! :wink:

I had also this problem once when advising a film on this forum but I also wanted to warn parents that there was an indesirable scene for 10 years old children... A certain word in my post had been changed to 'gender'.

What I could advise you to do before submitting your messages is click on 'preview' first and then you can check if everything you wrote appear as you wish. :wink:
lottie78

Post by lottie78 »

Hi all,
We took Ds for a 'free assessment' this consisted of a 15 min consultation where he asked Ds some Maths questions.... Then said he had a good brain was a quick learner and it he could charge us about £4000 to tutor him for his 11 plus.....errr ok we'll get back to you!!!
We know are Ds is bright and he is doing really well with papers/ books we have at home, his Maths is weak in some areas( not as yet covered in yr 5 or likely to be).... I' m not so good at Maths myself especially explaining things to Ds, the English vr and Nvr we're ok with I think Ds follows me like that! We are considering getting him some Maths tuition one to one to build his confidence and give him a better understanding. I think regardless of 11 plus outcome it will give him a 'leg up' at whatever secondary school he goes to!!

Lottie
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Have you looked at the Usborne illustrated dictionary of Maths, Lottie?
rhaeela

Post by rhaeela »

Hi Everyone, i am a first time poster and i would first like to congratulate everyone on the hard work that thier children put in.My ds got his 1st choice KEAS.I would like to share my experiance.From the age of 2-3 i realised he was a clever lad.In feb 2011 i sent him to a tutor in edgbaston,whithin a few weeks my DS informed me that his tutor was a waste of time as all he got them to do was tests and then got the children to mark each other papers.we stopped and i stared to tutor him at home.I am an impatient teacher and in the end felt i may be doing more harm then good so in June sent him to another tutor in handsworth.Again after a few weeks my DS informed me that he was a better tutor then the 1st, he again was not giving him any usefull feedback so we stopped again.I decided that there would be no further tutors so i joined Bond online which gives feedback on incorrect answers.We did this for 2 months and then he took the test.A child has to have some natural ability if not it is a very heavy burden to put on such tiny shoulders. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now