Against all the odds!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

wanting4

Re: Against all the odds!

Post by wanting4 »

Wow..this is really good news! So pleased for you and your DS. Hope he enjoys every second! xx
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

Yippee !!!!

Congratulations to your DS and to your family.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Thank youuu Wanting4 and footballdad :-)!!
KE hopeful

Post by KE hopeful »

Hi Reeyah,

That is great news (sorry for the delayed response, haven't been to the forum for a few days - been trying to get the school thing out of my head). However this has really given us hope; as you know we are in a similar position to you. We have made the request to the LEA to be added to the Five Ways waiting list - they said we would find out where we stand at the end of March. We were not holding out much hope, but your news has certainly given us a glimmer!!!

Fingers crossed now ***
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Good luck KE Hopeful! I hope you obtain that much desired place :-)
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Hi Reeyah, :D

I am just trying to catch up with all the news on the forum since more than a week and I am SO delighted for you!!! :D :D :D

Well done to you and your dear little ‘soldier’!!! So you can tick ‘entrance to a GS’ as done - by the grace of God. May He also return to your DS an excellent health!

Has your view on tutoring changed by now ? :wink:

BV is a fantastic school where I am sure he’ll be very happy. :D I wouldn’t be able to imagine a better mother’s day present!!! We -mothers - live so much ‘through’ our darlings, feeling their pain like ours... and their joys too!!! Their feelings shake us to the core... so I do imagine your joy ... and of course your DS’!

Concerning ‘how to get there’, did you consider driving him to the nearest train station close to your home and which is on the line: Redditch-Lichfield (BV is near Sutton Coldfield train station) ? When our DD started SCGSG, we were living in Kings Norton and she used to do the trip by train. That was excellent; better than the green bus ( if I may say so) as she could do after school clubs. The frequency of the train just diminishes for a few weeks in autumn due to the leaves fall (so the trains are maybe every 20mn instead of every 10 mn).
I am sure you’ll find a good solution!

Congrats again to you and your DS!
twinsmom11

Post by twinsmom11 »

Miracles do happen!! Today we got a letter offering a place for my DS2 at HGS!!!! So finally all our prayers were answered and so we can look forward sending our both sons to the same school. We have not appealed except for a letter to the Head explaining him the circumstances that both will be seperated but we never kept much hopes on it. So we are on Cloud 9 today and both my DS's are so happy :D :D :D
Thanks for all your support all through this journey!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

excellent news TMII !!! great that they will now be at the same school... phew!

did you get a place off WL?
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

What a huge relief for you Twinsmom! Congratulations to both your DC. :D
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
twinsmom11

Post by twinsmom11 »

Thanks fb and hm. Yes he was on the W/L #25 so either there's a BIG movement for all those places or did they really considered our plea about twins, I don't know :roll: But we will come to know after this break and will keep you posted :D