Last minute confessions..........

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ChessDadPlus

Re: Last minute confessions..........

Post by ChessDadPlus »

My own personal journey ...

I got into WGS in the seventies based on my 11 plus raw score, 223.5 out of 224, a year before it went independent fee paying.

A few years ago, my DS got 100% in his SATs and also got a very high score for entrance exams that got him into AGS

Now my Young princess is going for WGH and we are doing very much what you have just suggested

Newspaper articles, current affairs, Bond Papers, Foundation GCSE just to push the boundary on different types of questions. Accelerated timed tests etc

It's all good stuff, just trying to instil the confidence which is paramount leading up to the big day

But most importantly, making it fun, and complementing with their own free time to do what they want... TV, Games, Outdoor Fun etc

It's finding the right balance ...
nicolajane1971

Re: Last minute confessions..........

Post by nicolajane1971 »

Lol, no competition for us, we're only going for BV due to travel times.

Whilst first DS is very bright, I'm not sure he's at the dizzy heights of your 2 little darlings.

He does have a very scientific brain ( gifted and talented in science and technology), doesnt always help him as he is forever looking at the complicated picture rather than the simple picture!

If you could categorise a GS child my DS is definitely it, just that pesky exam with only 8 weeks Prep!

Keep in touch, it's nice to swap notes, there are so many opposing opinions in this amazing site, I think my biggest lesson has been to never judge, we all do what we need to do and we all have nothing but the best intentions at heart, even if we do seem a little extreme.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now