Consortium Preferences

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
CaptainCaveman

Consortium Preferences

Post by CaptainCaveman »

Hello all

Exam just about a week away, hope everyone is coping!

Just a quick question...When I filled in the consortium application form for my DD I know I definitely ticked Camp Hill for Girls and Handsworth. She really wants to put Handsworth as first preference, so there's obviously no point in putting Camp Hill on the LEA online form at all.

I really don't remember if I ticked Sutton for Girls on the form but I am wondering if I should still put it down on the LEA form.

Will this option "count" if I didn't put a tick against it on the original form for the Consortium exam, assuming she doesn't get into Handsworth? I tried calling the Consortium office but they have an answering machine and I didn't want to leave a message.

I am thinking of applying online even before the Consortium results are known as we know her first choice, and we will be going away the week before half term, so I might not have the results before applying anyway. The closing date for the LEA is 31st October, which is a few days after our intended return. Having been stranded abroad during the volcanic ash cloud problem in the past, I don't want to risk delaying the LEA application and at least I will have peace of mind if I dont leave things til the last minute.

Thanks for any help!
CaptainCaveman

Re: Consortium Preferences

Post by CaptainCaveman »

So many views yet no replies......

I popped in to the Consortium office today. The lady there said it didn't matter which boxes were ticked on the application form, it was the LEA form that counted for preferences i.e as long as I put Sutton on the LEA form it didn't matter if it was on the Consortium form or not.

Will see if the results are available before we leave for a much needed half term break. If so then it will make the LEA form filling easier. If not, then we will apply to the LEA without the Consortium results.
sss

Re: Consortium Preferences

Post by sss »

I remember that on the form you had to tick all the schools you're interested in but if you were applying online you didn't have this option.
Since the application forms are,I believe, in the same format year in & year out & that the online application format is relatively new, then ticking the boxes on the form is pretty academical now.
Just remember to include the schools you're interested in on the LEA form! :)