QM/WGHS/Shropshire results out

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: QM/WGHS/Shropshire results out

Post by hermanmunster »

rubyfour - it looks like they have added quite a few places this year so the lowest ranking won't be the same as last year and maybe 296 will be borderline but possible.

All you can do is put it in the CAF in first place but make sure second place is somewhere you are happy with, come March 1st if you are not offered QM then you can appeal. You will need to make sure that you have plenty of academic evidence and don't make much of the fact that she was not well .. doesn;t tend to help - see point b25 re illness

Have a read of the FAQ http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
um

Post by um »

Congratulations to everyone - on their dc's hard work and on all the successes that have been listed.

rubyfour - I would be cautious in assuming that your dd would indeed gain a place, because as you've seen yourself, there's a question mark over numbers and possibilities here.
However I would certainly place the school as first choice on your CAF form, if it is it your first choice school.
It is certainly a close enough score to have a try for!

Also - the numbers given, I believe, are offers as of 1 March.
There will be some movement, albeit relatively small, on the waiting list between March and September.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Rank 296 might be good enough for QM this year. Firstly they have additional places and you have to also keep in mind that this rank is a combined rank for QM and Adams Newport. Around 97 places are available there, so I can see at least 97 out of first 297 going to Adams. The only thing I am not sure about is if the rank is combined rank for both schools.

Did you tick against Adams when you filled the application form?
Lemonsqueezy

Post by Lemonsqueezy »

Lemonsqueezy wrote:My dd is in position 194 for AGS, they said on letter that the last offer, at initial stage, last year was made at position 106, that was for 90 places, there will be 97 this year.
My first reaction was he won't get a place but thinking about it a bit more I wonder if he still have a chance to get in. Opinions welcome?

Hi again, don't seem to be getting much luck with this, I would appreciate any opinion even if it s 'no chance, sorry' I m confused and don't know what to think!
rubyfour

Post by rubyfour »

no MSD i did not. i only ticked Queen Marys girls school.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Apologies rubyfour! I somehow thought you were talking about the boys school.

Would that mean that rank 296 is a combined rank for QM and Wolverhampton Girls High? And did you tick Wolverhampton Girls?

MSD
rubyfour

Post by rubyfour »

no MSD, i didnt tick wolverhamton girls either.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Rubyfour, you will have to check with the consortium if the rank provided is a combined rank for all schools or is it just for QM.

Lemonsqueezy, you mentioned you DD's rank at AGS, but isn't AGS a boys only school until sixth form.

MSD
Lemonsqueezy

Post by Lemonsqueezy »

Yes sorry I mistyped, it s for my DS!
MSD

Post by MSD »

Lemonsqueezy, again it depends on whether the score provided is a combined score for all boys schools in the consortium.

MSD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now