is there still hope

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nervousmom

Re: is there still hope

Post by nervousmom »

Thanks very much, we are so pleased and proud to know whatever happens he will be going to a GS, such a feeling of relief. Although DS is desperate for FW.

I expect the KEF will be fighting off the calls tomorrow with a stick, so this will probably in turn delay them getting the results out.

I was a nervous wreck on Saturday waiting for the post. Knowing the results had gone out but not knowing for sure if they would turn up.

I kept going to the bottom of the path every 5 minutes to look for the postman.

When I finally heard the post drop and saw the letter, my heart was beating so loudly and felt like it had moved into my mouth.

I opened the envelope and couldn't make any sense to start with of what I was even looking at. Eventually I saw the 360 and then as I came to a bit, started to read the rest re rankings.

I have never felt so much relief.

I think it will be slightly different waiting this week as tuesday( if they come then) I work 9-3, but may pop home about 1 just in case, our post tends to come about 12-12.30 ish.

Wednesday I have an appointment at 10.00 with my 2 year old for his development check and then I am going out again about 12.30 for an acupuncture session, so won't have time to be pacing, so hopefully the time will go a little quicker!
Greenfingers10

Post by Greenfingers10 »

My heart is beating faster justing thinking of it... My postman doesn't come until after midday so it's just a waiting game :(
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

just sent an email to the foundation office about results.

As we know it looks like tomorrow now before they are sent, but as we also know the website says we will get results by 15th October.

I sent an email to them saying about the websote saying results by today, saying we haven`t had ours and could they confirm if they were sent first or second class!

Bit cheeky, i know, but let`s see what they say.

good luck to everyone. Well, just the people on this forum, because if everyone does well our DC might not get it!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

just had email from Bham - results out first class tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

nervousmum your are spreading to nerves to all of us now......... :lol:
UmSusu
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Sorry, can't help it! :?
um

Post by um »

Did the message actually say tonight, or today?

If it is after the post closes, tonight, the letters won't reach the majority of people until Wednesday.
If it is before 5pm today, we can assume that the majority will receive their letter on Tuesday.
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

thats assuming the council use a first class stamp surley?
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Oh good point um! Actually even though Handsworth had said they would post out on the 12th their letters were postmarked 11th when I saw them. I am assuming they were first class but posted in the evening.

So maybe it will be Wednesday after all? :? We are going to drive ourselves mad at this rate - I promised myself that if I stayed at home today I would actually 'work from home' but this is not working!

UmSusu
UmSusu
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Email says first class today!