KEGS Results : Good News!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MSD

Re: KEGS Results : Good News!

Post by MSD »

Nervousmom,

For FW there is nothing to worry about with that score. 237 will most definitely get you into FW.

MSD
nicolajane1971

Post by nicolajane1971 »

About to fill in the form, having a momentary panic and just need some reassurance and a bit of hand holding please.

Is 231 a safe score for BV? I know it should be and I'm being daft, thoughts appreciated anyway.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Of course it is! Should also be good enough for FW and Aston.

MSD
bontilo

Post by bontilo »

Hello. Can somebody please give their thoughts of 213 chance of getting in for sutton?
Im so worried. Thank u, much appreciated!
xxdd123

Post by xxdd123 »

KenR, daveg,Bibbygunn, MSD,

Thanks a lot!

City could release more information on the percentiles, which would help many parents to make decisions. For boys CHB stands out, for girls, the schools are very similar. Since the marks were already released and assuming applicants are rational decision makers (which city would hope), then less uncertainties exist. The cut-off for CHB would be higher (I put a lucky number 5 scores), for the other schools the cut-off would be very similar to (at most slightly higher than) last year.

The score we received I feel it was already standardised by age. Otherwise it makes no sense to compare it with the range which closely follows kid's score. It is fair to consider age factor at this young stage, does age matter when it comes to GCSE, A level?

xxdd
daveg

Post by daveg »

xxdd123 wrote:assuming applicants (for Birmingham grammars) are rational decision makers
*astonished face*
xxdd123

Post by xxdd123 »

daveg wrote:
xxdd123 wrote:assuming applicants (for Birmingham grammars) are rational decision makers
*astonished face*
:) I know, that's why we could have had more information...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now