Confused ???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rubyfour

Confused ???

Post by rubyfour »

Hi,

I want to coplete my CAF form but there are a couple of things that I am unsure of. I am very pleased with my daughtar as she has worked very hard over the last few month. The results we have recieved from the two schools she sat her test at are both borderline.

When a child is given a place at a particular school, Is it given according to their ranking/ test score or the order preference in which we have listed the school?

I hope that you understandwhat i am asking. I know i coud have wordrd it better but i feel like a zombie at the moment.

The schools i was interested in are Kegh, QM and Sutton girls.
The king Edwards result was 215
QM ranked 296.

Please can i pick your brain as to which would be the most preferable order.

Thanks
morgu

Re: Confused ???

Post by morgu »

Hi Rubyfour,

Always, always list your preferences on the CAF in your preferred order, ie. put as number 1 the school you are most interested in. Then, if she doesn't meet the criteria for that school come allocation day, she will be considered for the school you listed second on the CAF.
If you didn't put your preferred school as number one, she will not even be considered for that one if she met the criteria for the first school. Does that make sense? You have nothing to loose by listing your preferred school first, even if you think your daughter is borderline.
Mumsy81

Re: Confused ???

Post by Mumsy81 »

@rubyfour my dc is also border line for qm and same mark for kegs som am also not sure wot to do