Are 2013 exams in July?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: Are 2013 exams in July?

Post by DIY Mum »

dc quintus would only be 9 if they did decide to bring the KEG exam forward. :o

But speaking to someone at the KEF this morning, they did say that it's too early to know for sure of any changes. But it seems that it would be highly unlikely that the exam (for entrance in Sept, 14) will be brought forward. Phew!
um

Post by um »

CHG were 100% sure the exam date was set as 7 September 2013.

They also gave out timetables stating this date clearly.

Warks admissions said their exam will definitely not be in July and will be in September. They also said it was most likely it would be 7 September, thus clashing again with the Birmingham consortium and meaning that many children would have to sit Warks the week after for a second year.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Interestingly the online Birmingham City Council information on types of secondary school available in Birmingham now says that the entrance tests for grammar schools happen in the summer term of year 5. Wonder what they know.......
um

Post by um »

Thanks for that info!
It would seem to really contradict what the Heads of CHG and Aston have said - but it could still be possible, if not this year, then maybe the next.
Here's to future relaxed summer holidays! :D
um

Post by um »

Just a quick note to prevent panic/ a flood of calls to the Foundation office - they have just confirmed via phone that they have absolutely no plans to move the exam to Year 5, and the date remains the same at 7 September.
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

MSD wrote: This year I felt the whole results process was rushed with parents not having enough time to make their up.

MSD
Surely, they know what schools they want well before the tests. I know what schools I want and the preference order and my child has just started year 5.

What's grossly unfair, is that some children would be ONLY 9 years old at time of test. I can't believe the system would subject a 9 year old to these tests due to poor organisation/administration.
um

Post by um »

Well, the test is age standardised so I wouldn't call it grossly unfair on summer children.
This year, children took the exam who had only turned ten the week before. There's not much difference in 'subjecting' a child who just turned 10 a week ago to tests, compared to one who will turn 10 in one week's time.
The children are young, and they are still children, and you're right, parents need to recognise that and not expect them to behave (and study) like adults.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now