KEGS Results: Confused?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
UmSusu

KEGS Results: Confused?

Post by UmSusu »

As you can tell I am coping with stress in my usual way : I am having a tidy up! Now that I have sorted out my whites from my colours, had both my dryers going all night and my house is sparkling, I thought I would start on the forum - lucky for you all that I am not a mod or I would have wreaked havoc here just for the sake of it!

In the end I have settled for creating a separate thread for anyone to air any anguish about results so that it is responded to sensitively rather than ignored as a wave of 'whoo-hoo we did it!' posts come along and everyone moves on to another page.

Good luck to all - let us hope there are not many of you who need to come on here!

UmSusu
UmSusu
yoyo123

Re: KEGS Results: Confused?

Post by yoyo123 »

a good idea umsusu..however, if you still have excess energy I have a mound of ironing...
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I might just take you up on that - I am in the mood for a long drive to Kent :D

UmSusu
UmSusu
CaptainCaveman

Post by CaptainCaveman »

Thank you for this thread.

It's a good idea to have all confused posts in one place rather than numerous "Will my child get into XYZ" threads.

Lets hope everyone posts here to help clear confusion for others.
shakey

Post by shakey »

UmSusu wrote:In the end I have settled for creating a separate thread for anyone to air any anguish about results so that it is responded to sensitively rather than ignored as a wave of 'whoo-hoo we did it!' posts come along and everyone moves on to another page.
There's nothing worse than these so called lurkers who have never posted or contributed who suddenly decide to post on results day - usually boasting high scores.
PLEASE stay as lurkers & don't bother posting - it only upsets those whose dc didn't make the cut.
And before they start spouting about how one isn't allowed the freedom to air their views on this forum because of 'a low tolerance' on this forum, or whatever nonsense, they must bear in mind we are talking about 10 year olds. :evil:
Anyway, rant over. :lol:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you feel better now shakey
UmSusu
Trace

Post by Trace »

Am afraid I am a 'lurker' I guess that cant stop me from thanking u all for ur words of advice. Keep it going. Ur all great. As for us its the end of the road ds score 207 KE and ranked 243 HBG. Am realy proud of him.
Congradulations those who made. Good luck those still waiting
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Hello Trace, nice that you finally took the plunge and joined us :D

I suppose the KE score is a little bit out for a boy but a few marks wouldn't stop me from putting Aston / BV down 'just in case'. Personally I think anything over 200 when competing with what is a self-selected and usually well-above group is a fantastic score - unfortunately there are just not enough places for everyone :( .

Your HGB ranking indicates that he should get a place there. He has done incredibly well and don't forget he had to beat another 700 children to get his ranking at HGB too so well done to him!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

UmSusu
UmSusu
MSD

Post by MSD »

Please don't be afraid of posting! All views and scores are welcome.

MSD
Trace

Post by Trace »

Thank you, its great to know that someone understand how challenging to post for generally less confident individuals. am proud of the boy. Will be buying the promised present anyway.
Good luck
Your post are always uplifting.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now