Was the exam easier this year? Stiffer comp for places?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HappyRobot

Re: Was the exam easier this year? Stiffer comp for places?

Post by HappyRobot »

I just spoke to a dp on picking up and his ds got 242 and his wife is all for cracking open the bubbly, but I am just so cautious as I can't believe that for a school that sent less than 6 people last year to gs, they will double the figure this year and get loads into chb or chg!!!

I am sure the scores will go up........though i am a novice.....so will know better in three years time on the next go :? :lol:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Like i said before, sounds a good school.

so far, out of the 7 people including DS, with 2 results still unknown, he is the only one going to GS, that is out of 60 pupils.

We too will be doing all this again in 3 years time with our DD. DS hopefully will get FW, so that is where we will aim for DD to be going. We also have a DS who is 2, so i 8 years time we will be doing it again!!!!!!
HappyRobot

Post by HappyRobot »

nervous...you'll be an old pro by the third time :lol:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hey, less of the old :lol: :lol: But yes, I will be an old pro. Old being the word as i will be nearing 50!!!! :shock:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Year groups vary enormously. In our son's year about 10 or so went to GS, the following year I believe it was just 2 (there was consternation in the staff room), the year after that in our daughter's year it was back up again.
HappyRobot

Post by HappyRobot »

nervousmom wrote:Happy no worries about name spilling.

I don't think our school even knew the exams were going on or that the results are out.

I think 7 in total took exams. We know that 2 scored under QS, the girlthatbtook warks said she didn't have her results, we can only assume she didn't do very well, but we will never know for sure as DS won't be asking again.

Happy. - have you decided on a school yet?
No final decisions nervous....yesterday it was kes Stratford, today either chb or kes Stratford.

Kefw is out for us....we worked out that it would be 3 hours travel a day, leaving home at 6.35 am. We are far too lazy to do that for five years or more.

My friend suggested we put chb first and kes Stratford second, then if we change our minds dump chb and ask Stratford for a place......Er I told her that that isn't allowed!!!!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I still love KES but my DS has his heart set on going to KEFW so that has been our first choice, also makes sense when thinking ahead to DD.

i suppose we could have put CHB, as that would be shortest travelling time, but we only ever considered it briefly a few weeks ago and then dismissed it! He is 3 marks ahead of last years lowest score.

Anyway, decision made and form submitted!

Travel time to both would be similar for us for KES and FW, so that really wasn`t an issue for us. Travel time to FW 45 mins going and 55 mins coming back, getting the bus about 5 mins from home, with 4 of his cousins who attend the school, so ideal that he has family for company (they will be in the following years when he starts - sixth form, year 11, year 9 and year 8 and maybe another starting at the same time as my DS who scored 249 and is looking at CHB)

Good luck in your choice, a pity really you can`t go to the schools again so your DS could have another look to help decide!

You are in the lucky position that you are spoilt for choice!!!!
Paramjeet

Post by Paramjeet »

we chose KECHB and have never looked back; in addition, the preceding year my sons primary school sent 5 to the school, in his year only and the following year, zero. Its a tough competition out there
HappyRobot

Post by HappyRobot »

Mmmhhhhh that's another thing...he has a younger brother so maybe stratford as it may be easier to get him in there too!!!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I'm never happy at the idea of making a choice for one child based on what is best for another.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now