New Pupils

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KEFW Parents

New Pupils

Post by KEFW Parents »

Just found out which form my son will be in, and and will wear a tie with a yellow strip, not sure which house it is. Our induction is on the Tuesday. Would be nice to know who else is going to KEFW, and which house /class their children are in. Also, they have a summer project, I presume to keep their minds sharp for start of the new term i Sept.

Thanks.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi

The yellow stripe on the tie is McCarthy House.

The new year 7 Induction evening on Tuesday 10th July is for parents, with another one for the previous evening, but the children have their Induction day the previous Wednesday 4th July.

The idea is that your child shows you round the school and has to formally introduce you to at least 3 members of staff, including their form tutor, head of year and the Headmaster. The induction at KE Five Ways is very good. You also get the usual talks from the Head etc about parent/school contracts, expectations etc.

Interestingly they try to always place children from the primary school or areas in different classes so everyone has to make new friends. Seems to work very well.

Don't know where you live and if you intend to use the school bus service on the 4th July, but that the best way for them to make new friends.

Interesting how the intake demographics change from year to year. My son gets the 881 service (from Hockley Heath, Shirley & Maypole etc) - we've just found out that this is being diverted via Barnt Green as the 889 Service (serving Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Lickey, Barnt Green & Rubery) is massively over subscribed. Must have had a big increase in applicants and passes from these areas. There is also a new service from Hall Green (891) to cater for the increased number of pulis going from that area as well as the Solihull (882) and Olton & Acocks Green area (892).
KEFW Parents

Post by KEFW Parents »

Thanks KenR, we are on the 881 route and should be getting the bus from Maypole Island. I would like to send my kid on the 881 for the induction as a warm-up to the real thing in Sept. I hope it works out well.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi

Small world, my son also gets the 881 from the Maypole as well. There are about 8 or 9 who get the 881 from there including 4 of the current year-7.

I'll make sure my son looks out for your son on the 4th July and introduces him to the others. Let me know what uniform he'll be wearing (they are asked to wear their existing school uniform for induction day)

If you register and drop me a PM I'll give you a bit of further background about changes to the 881 timetable for next year. We had an interesting debate with the Green Bus Company. We also swap phone and mobile numbers between parents so that someone else can pick them up in an emergency.

Regards

Ken
KEFW Parents

Post by KEFW Parents »

Thanks KenR, will do so.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now