KE 5 ways vs Aston

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mh1

KE 5 ways vs Aston

Post by mh1 »

Hi All

Well done to all DC for taking the exams.

In need fo advice on behalf of a relative.

DN has potentially (based on last few yrs marks) aqchieved sufficient marks for both KE 5 ways and Aston.
Dilemma presents in placing 1st choice on preference forms to be submitted on 31st October.

Wanted to gage the relative positives of the 2 schools before decision.

As you you gathered at the moment in a bit of limbo.

Many thanks for any input.
nervousmom

Re: KE 5 ways vs Aston

Post by nervousmom »

Sorry, don`t know anything about KEA as we only visited FW, which my son loved.

He has sufficient marks for FW (just over pass for CHB but we have ruled this out) but also passed on the Warks exam and will definately get a place at KES Stratford (which is my prefered choice if truth be told)

however, myself and DH discussed this, and although the final decision ultimately lay with us, we wanted DS views on what he wanted as well, after all, he will be spending the next few years of his life there.

He liked both KEFW and KES and before the last open day at FW didn`t really know what to do. however after visiting FW again in sept he said that was where he defiantely wanted to go. He liked the idea of a mixed school opposed to a boys only school. we also have a DD to consider in 3 years time.(he also has 4 cousins there who he would be travelling with on the bus, so that was a big plus as well)

Travelling was not really an issue for us, as we are roughly between the two schools, however that is something people on this forum are concerned with as some travelling times for the day are quite long.

have a chat with your DS, get his views on which he would prefer and check out the travelling arrangements etc, then if still unsure maybe a pro`s and con`s list.

Good luck in your choice.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now