KES Exam, Saturday 12th

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
houseful

Re: KES Exam, Saturday 12th

Post by houseful »

Oh my! I received a call from an unknown number this afternoon and didnt answer as I tend not to respond to unknown / withheld numbers. Hope it wasn't Mrs Phillips :wink:

I did however speak to her last week about age standardisation and she did confirm that this is done for the VR but not the maths and English. Hope that helps.

Good luck to all!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Thanks for clearing up those niggles moseleymum and houseful :D

It might have been them but I would say it is too early yet houseful - I don't see how
they would have marked 700 transcripts so quickly. Maybe in a few more days? :)

I don't know what I am so rattled about. It would be too optimistic to think scholarship and if we get a borderline interview I will probably worry more. Oh, it is going to be a long few weeks.

UmSusu
UmSusu
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

houseful wrote:Oh my! I received a call from an unknown number this afternoon and didnt answer as I tend not to respond to unknown / withheld numbers. Hope it wasn't Mrs Phillips :wink:

I did however speak to her last week about age standardisation and she did confirm that this is done for the VR but not the maths and English. Hope that helps.

Good luck to all!
Ahh the paranoia of missed calls, I remember it well! :) (btw she usually leaves a message so you can call her back so not to worry :wink: )
Grace2DC

Post by Grace2DC »

KES starts calling children for interview today. Waiting waiting.
NASA

Post by NASA »

Grace2DC, how do you know this, have you heard some news?

The anticipation is killing, I hope we get a call but with ds only attempting half of section c maths I'm not sure it's gonna happen :(

Fingers crossed, I hope everyone that really needs it gets a call :)

Gonna be glued to the phone tomorrow and Monday :|

NASA
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Goodness this thread brings back memories! ( not particularly good ones :evil: )

I remember answering a call from a very similar number to KES, and a voice matching Mrs Phillips, only to find it was DS1 form teacher calling me to collect him as he was feeling poorly!

UmSusu, my DS did exactly what yours did... When I asked about his day , he exclaimed 'The pasta portion was ridiculously small!' :lol:

Good luck to all, and happy staring-at-phone !
houseful

Post by houseful »

Spoke to Mrs Phillips this morning. She confirmed that they have started to call parents, some were called yesterday and they will continue to make calls over the next 2-3 weeks.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Yeah end of the week Thurs/Fri sounds about right as I remembered, scholarship candidates called before the other categories.

Remember no news could still mean a pass even if not a scholarship/AP.
Grace2DC

Post by Grace2DC »

Does anybody know the relevant chance of wining the scholarship if you are called for an interview for the possible scholarship? In another word, with 15 scholarships on offer, how many candidates will be invited?
houseful

Post by houseful »

Still glued to my phone , maybe if i stare at it long enought it'll ring :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now