How does KES scholarship interview work??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moseleymum

Re: How does KES scholarship interview work??

Post by moseleymum »

Sai1 wrote:I presume if we have no heard by now we are unlikely to get either a scholarship or borderline interview and therefore DS has not got in
From the other thread:

houseful wrote:Spoke to Mrs Phillips this morning. She confirmed that they have started to call parents, some were called yesterday and they will continue to make calls over the next 2-3 weeks.

Calls will take place over the next week or so. Your son may have clearly passed and therefore wouldn't be interviewed anyway.
Sai1

Post by Sai1 »

Thanks
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Just wrote on the other thread that KES is shut tomorrow so it might delay their calls and interviews for the next couple of days.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I don't know of anyone called in yet?

Anyone out there had a call?
UmSusu
NASA

Post by NASA »

No phone call for us yet I'm afraid :( to make matters worse phone line been taken over by another company and so the landline has been dead for two days, not the best timing :oops:

I'm sure I put my mobile number down, I hope!

It's gonna be a long few weeks :(

NASA
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

I am a little surprised no one on here has had a call yet, even with the snow disruption...KES was back to normal today.

That is unless forum members are being unusually shy :wink:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

We have not had too many regulars this year or maybe this year's forum members are not having much luck :? I don't know of anyone from our school who has been called and they had quite a few who sat the exam - most of them were hoping for bursaries.

They all come out of the woodwork on results day anyway :wink: . Then we get to hear of how they did it without any preparation as it was a last minute thought : There was one last year who joined and claimed they had very limited prep time and as I searched through past KES thread I found that they had posted 2 years before the exam asking about the work/ standard/ bursaries :wink:

Anyway, I digress. Maybe people don't want to jinx it. Good luck to those staring at phones - I decided it was ridiculous for me to wait for a call and just switched off my mobile so that I could get on with my day.

UmSusu
UmSusu
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

UmSusu wrote:We have not had too many regulars this year or maybe this year's forum members are not having much luck :? I don't know of anyone from our school who has been called and they had quite a few who sat the exam - most of them were hoping for bursaries.

They all come out of the woodwork on results day anyway :wink: . Then we get to hear of how they did it without any preparation as it was a last minute thought : There was one last year who joined and claimed they had very limited prep time and as I searched through past KES thread I found that they had posted 2 years before the exam asking about the work/ standard/ bursaries :wink:

Anyway, I digress. Maybe people don't want to jinx it. Good luck to those staring at phones - I decided it was ridiculous for me to wait for a call and just switched off my mobile so that I could get on with my day.

UmSusu
Perceptive as always :) Results day exposed everything. Some of the children and teachers (with a vested interest shall we say 8) ) who harassed my son for info indeed admitted they secured their APs. All except the one I mentioned who was found out...

As for not wanting to jinx it, some would say that asking what questions are asked in interview, only 24 hours after the exam, might do just that.... :wink:

Best decision is to do as you did, switch off the phone and get on with things. I missed my call due to my (usually) poor mobile reception and had to call back anyway.
MaryMcG

Post by MaryMcG »

A large number of boys in my sons school sat the KES exam, and NO ONE has heard a peep! Someone must be getting the calls!!! I'm hoping no news is good news :?
houseful

Post by houseful »

Someone I know received a call today, their DS has done very well and been called in for an interview for a scholarship place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now