Snowed In!?!?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

um

Re: Snowed In!?!?

Post by um »

Camp Hill Boys School has announced they are closed tomorrow, except to those taking public exams, who must come in. It seems that most Birmingham LA schools will be shut.
All Solihull LA schools will be closed tomorrow.
I'm sorry to say that, while I agree with the decisions made, I am not looking forward to another day of being cooped up with 5 hyperactive and fighting children :roll:
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

KEAS ( DS1) closed except for external exams, and DS2 school 'may' close, which doesn't bother me as not sending him anyway!

UmSusu, when did you have a DD? :wink:

Um, I'm sorry but I laughed my way through your post :D and I hope your heating is repaired *shivers*
um

Post by um »

The heating was repaired quite quickly - thank you! Leak in the boiler...
The dishwasher is broken now :cry:

I don't actually know of any school that is open tomorrow at present!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

reeyah wrote: UmSusu, when did you have a DD? : *
Reeyah, I am not sure either! :lol: If I had one, I would like to know what she is doing at HGS :wink:

Um, I decided yesterday I wasn't going to send the kids to school even if they were open but the thought of them all at home with me for 4 or 5 days in a row ( getting hungrier all the time!) nearly brought me to tears :shock: 2 of them have the flu but keep asking to go out and the older 2 have started bickering about the strangest things. I have work to submit this week and can't do any work at home with all their noise and demands.

UmSusu
UmSusu
KE Buddy

Post by KE Buddy »

I have family in Scotland and they said they have not had any snow yet. I am just wondering how long the snow will persist for. The Met office seem to change their forecast quite regularly. Me and my wife were joking that they predict the weather by looking out of the window every 30 minutes. :D
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

We have family in Scotland too and usually they're up to their knees in it. Plan to visit them in half term break so I hope it'll be ok to travel. :?

After dd2 sat the EHS exam, we were all looking for a well deserved break and tbh, the snow has been fantastic in that respect.

We decided to go sledging in the park. The thing is, we don't have a 'proper' sledge. Couldn't buy one either as most shops have sold out. What we do have is one that ds1 & 2 made 2 years ago from a huge piece of cardboard which was then covered with a plastic sheet. Dc secured the sheet with staples and then sellotaped over it to prevent grazing. Dc have tried it in the garden but not in a park.

So we decided to put it to the test. Feeling ambitious we choose a park with lovely slopes and started off with a small one. Dd1, in her enthusiasm was oblivious to some of the sniggers that we heard as she readied her homemade sledge. Holding her head up high, she got on and whoosh! Went screaming down the hill. :lol:

And you know what? Our homemade sledge exceeded our expectations :o - it was just as fast and as effective as the plastic sledges on the ground!!! We had a whale of a time! :D
Giving it another go today, so we're quite happy that all schools are shut today! :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now