Will the cut-off score for more popular KE grammars go up?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

lottie78

Re: Will the cut-off score for more popular KE grammars go u

Post by lottie78 »

Hi all,
Just to add to my depression of scores going up.... We are not at Solihull school open evening as we didn't get an assisted place:(
I haven't the heart to return the card turning down the place, see if I win the euro lottery tonight.... Poor Ds was so happy to be offered the place, he's upset but he is mr positive!
I will send the card back to free up a place for someone on the waiting list though.
Tbh glad we knew yesterday as to take Ds to an open evening still hopefull would have been awful when turned down soon after( look at what you could have won, bullseye style!!)

Weirdly enough I do feel like a weight has been lifted, the waiting is awful, I think Solihull school should move their admissions process to the same as kes, who know who needs an assisted place and what situation they are in before they offer a place.
Still gutted though and dreading Friday to see the name of the school we really don't want!!!
slimchance

Post by slimchance »

Thanks newbiemum, I have heard there were more girls applying this year than previous years but I don't know if this is true. I am hoping it is and with the increase in places at qm for boys this may help keep the scores low in bv and kea? Probably more wishful thinking than educated guess but it's all I have!
fff

Post by fff »

Tbh glad we knew yesterday
We havent heard yet :shock:
Am in panic mode now.

We did go to the open evening, but agree its like dangling a carrot.

Anyone else still waiting to hear re AP for Solihull??
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

Slimchance, lets hope so! I think additional candidates were using it as a mock, some go to indies we hsve like you say QM and AS close others prefur etc all brings numbers down, low birth year you just never know! Your in with a shot like us too just got to hope now! Good luck
Shez24

Post by Shez24 »

Hi lotie..we are in a similar situation my ds was offerd a full fee place at sollihull we were also hoping for a bursary but didn't get one , my son to was so happy he got a place but I have not yet broke the news to him as I feel we will have more bad news on the way march 1st ... We have an offer from priory school & st georges both with small scholarship awaiting news on assisted place from them now as we cannot not afford full fee place wish they would decide on ap places before they offer instead of getting your hopes up .... Hope you get some good news march 1st.
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

well i caved in and thought I would call the consortium office for the first time and was stumped as got straight though! Was expecting not too and couldnt get my words out, anyway my garbled question to the nice lady was are we still expecting a similar outcome friday as per the guidelines of the results letter so I can just prepare myself and ds for friday. She said they too are waiting for friday and although they didn't have any information until then I questioned scores and she said :( worringly, we are possibly expecting them to go up. thats all the info I got i didn't question that further as I actually don't think she knew and that is just what they are anticipating.
hobbo

Post by hobbo »

newbiemum wrote:well i caved in and thought I would call the consortium office for the first time and was stumped as got straight though! Was expecting not too and couldnt get my words out, anyway my garbled question to the nice lady was are we still expecting a similar outcome friday as per the guidelines of the results letter so I can just prepare myself and ds for friday. She said they too are waiting for friday and although they didn't have any information until then I questioned scores and she said :( worringly, we are possibly expecting them to go up. thats all the info I got i didn't question that further as I actually don't think she knew and that is just what they are anticipating.
Hi. Newbiemum with 10 points to spare you should not be so anxious.
newbiemum

Post by newbiemum »

hobbo thank you hope your right, i think the long build up has got to me in the last few weeks :D hopefully see you there!!