Further CHB stats

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MSD

Further CHB stats

Post by MSD »

Some more stats for CHB.

Not all boys on 240 have been offered a place. Boy on a score of 235 is 42nd on the waiting list and admissions only see a maximum of 1 digit movement, if any, from the waiting list.

MSD
muminbrum

Re: Further CHB stats

Post by muminbrum »

Wow! I'm glad it was the one school we didn't warm to!
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Does this now mean that this years' CHB entrants will gain record scores in the GCSEs' in 5 years time? ! Considering they seem to be ridiculously clever?! :)
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

It is a worrying trend isn't it? I mean, they will say they need to walk on water too next - maybe they already can? :wink:

Only joking. Congratulations to those who made it to CHB and all of the other grammars: with that hike in scores, it really is an achievement. Unfortunately, there are going to be a lot who have missed out this year when they would have made it in other years.....

UmSusu
UmSusu
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

UmSusu you never fail to make me laugh :lol:

I too keep imagining these immensely bright children to have supernatural qualities.. Wonder what their parents feed them?... Do share :wink:
rubidium

Post by rubidium »

One thing we will never know is how much of a test each years paper is
um

Post by um »

Having attended the CHB GCSE Options evening and the Yr 7/8 Poetry evening in one week, it is fair to say that there are some absolutely exceptional boys there (not mine, :lol: but others). I'd like to know what they're being fed too :wink:

We had a great time listening to them.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

rubidium wrote:One thing we will never know is how much of a test each years paper is
Standardised scores should even that out - IF the cohorts taking the test are approximately analagous each time. If you increase the numbers taking the test, and the additional candidates are not equivalent to the original group (e.g. if you changed it from the top 25% of the ability range taking it to the top 30%), then you could have a situation where those that qualified were exactly the same, but the standardised scores were higher, even if it was the same paper. This is becasue the scores are standardised against those taking the test, not across the population as a whole.
HappyRobot

Post by HappyRobot »

my ds is defo not exceptionally bright, and fed on pizza and chocolate (if he had his way) :lol: . He is good at maths and i think that helps....so if he goes he'll be in awe too.....
rubidium

Post by rubidium »

My point exactly, no matter how easy or difficult the rest, scores are always standardised amongst those taking the test.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now