Further CHB stats

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

um

Re: Further CHB stats

Post by um »

CHB (and CHG obviously) are probably the most 'central' and transport-connected Grammars of the West Midlands Grammars.

Whilst I agree that they're all truly excellent, CH is probably on far more bus routes (including the ubiquitous Outer Circle 11) and remains pretty accessible (via Green bus and public bus) from not just north, south, west and east Birmingham but also from Solihull and Worcs.
Many parents will place CH first because it is their closest school/easiest to travel to.

I absolutely loved KE Handsworth but it means a gruelling cross-city bus journey and my dd tends to get travel sick, too. Not a great recipe for 7 years of commuting. Otherwise it may have been first choice. My ds1 loved Bishop Vesey quite a few years ago but that would mean him leaving the house at 6.30am and changing trains and train stations, alongside quite a bit of walking, to get there. In the end, as we were 'blind' to ds1 and ds2's results, I put the Grammars in simple order of ease of travel, on my form.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now