KEH girls and safe areas along the green bus route

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
echoes

KEH girls and safe areas along the green bus route

Post by echoes »

Hi everyone, Can any one recommend a safe and quiet area along the green bus route to KEH girls school ?

Ideally we do not want our dd to travel far if we find something nearby. It looks like some of the bus routes take in excess of 1 hour to get from one end to the other.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: KEH girls and safe areas along the green bus route

Post by DIY Mum »

Not sure of any safe or quiet areas within close proximity of KEVIHS. But I'm sure someone will come along to advise.

My dd1 takes the AH6 Green Bus which collects and drops her off along a nice and safe route. It does take up to an hour max (excluding snow days where it took 2 hours coming home :shock: ). Normally though, she gets the bus at 7.30 am and arrives at school around 8.20 am. :)

I can understand your concerns about travel time. I'm a little concerned for dd2 and how she'll manage the same journey eventhough, dd1 copes fine. :|
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Hi echoes. Not really sure what you're asking about as there are many green bus routes! But don't dismiss public buses if you can find a direct route. The fare is a LOT less and many children use them.

My daughter takes the public bus 74 or 75 to KEVIHS as do a few of her friends. One travels all the way from Dudley on the 74 without any hitches. When it snowed though my daughter walked the 3 miles home along the Soho Road. Her friends carried on walking to West Brom bus station. Quite an adventure. Only takes her about 20 minutes on the bus normally and they are very frequent.
echoes

Post by echoes »

DIY Mum wrote:Not sure of any safe or quiet areas within close proximity of KEVIHS. But I'm sure someone will come along to advise.

My dd1 takes the AH6 Green Bus which collects and drops her off along a nice and safe route. It does take up to an hour max (excluding snow days where it took 2 hours coming home :shock: ). Normally though, she gets the bus at 7.30 am and arrives at school around 8.20 am. :)

I can understand your concerns about travel time. I'm a little concerned for dd2 and how she'll manage the same journey eventhough, dd1 copes fine. :|
Thanks a lot. . Our daughter has never had to travel alone and we are just anxious about the journey alone. We can drop her off at the bus stop but then she will have to get from bus stop to school gates. I think even on this forum there is a horror story about incident at the bus stop. This is a big step for kids going from protective environment of junior school to outside world and we would like to hear from other parents who have been through this journey before.
echoes

Post by echoes »

Turtlegirl wrote:Hi echoes. Not really sure what you're asking about as there are many green bus routes! But don't dismiss public buses if you can find a direct route. The fare is a LOT less and many children use them.

My daughter takes the public bus 74 or 75 to KEVIHS as do a few of her friends. One travels all the way from Dudley on the 74 without any hitches. When it snowed though my daughter walked the 3 miles home along the Soho Road. Her friends carried on walking to West Brom bus station. Quite an adventure. Only takes her about 20 minutes on the bus normally and they are very frequent.
Thanks.
Good safe and quite areas along any of the green bus routes.. We are not from Birmingham and we would be moving to Birmingham so we don't mind moving to any area as long as its safe and quiet.

We have not discounted public buses but as it can be seen from my message above we are bit apprehensive about safety of a 11 year old girl travelling on her own.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now