BV - travelling from Wolverhampton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Happy dad

BV - travelling from Wolverhampton

Post by Happy dad »

I note there are no Green Bus services to BV. Are there many, if any, children who travel from the Wolverhampton area - Wolverhampton or Coseley - to Sutton on the train? Initially would like DS to have a " travel buddy" until he gets more confident - and his mom less nervous- as currently he walks five minutes to school.

Thanks.
muminbrum

Re: BV - travelling from Wolverhampton

Post by muminbrum »

When I posted a similar concern I was told that if you contact the school they will arrange an older boy who is doing the same journey to chaperone the newbie for a while.

I asked our guide on the open evening how far the intake area covers and he had friends from Wolverhampton.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Many thanks muminbrum. Will wait for the dust to settle then ring the school.
hobbo

Post by hobbo »

Happy dad wrote:I note there are no Green Bus services to BV. Are there many, if any, children who travel from the Wolverhampton area - Wolverhampton or Coseley - to Sutton on the train? Initially would like DS to have a " travel buddy" until he gets more confident - and his mom less nervous- as currently he walks five minutes to school.

Thanks.
have you considered using the metro to Westbromwich and then catching the very frequent number 5 bus to Suttoncoldfield? My Ds will be starting BV in September and will be using the number5 bus from Great Barr.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Not a route I had thought about but will investigate, thanks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now