What happens next??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wakthar

What happens next??

Post by wakthar »

Hi, DS obtained a place at KECHB and we accepted offer by completing school and local LEA acceptance form and sent them both back to the school. I have logged onto the Birmingham Admissions website but the information hasn't been updated.

I am wondering when should we expect to hear from either the school or LEA regarding confirmation?
peter5

Re: What happens next??

Post by peter5 »

The school will contact you soon .Some schools will contact you with a separate acceptance form asking for additional details such as what language the DC did at primary school and a congratulations letter.
They will then contact you further with a welcome pack and an invitation to an open evening before or after induction day .
hobbo

Post by hobbo »

wakthar wrote:Hi, DS obtained a place at KECHB and we accepted offer by completing school and local LEA acceptance form and sent them both back to the school. I have logged onto the Birmingham Admissions website but the information hasn't been updated.

I am wondering when should we expect to hear from either the school or LEA regarding confirmation?
Bishop Vesey's seem to be right on the ball we have received the congratulatory letter and returned the acceptance forms. My Ds as also received a personalised postcard from the headmaster which we thought was a marvellous gesture besides this we have already attended an organised open day on Wednesday where we given a tour of the school and a fine speech by the headmaster on the merits of the school which was applauded by those attending.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

We received a lack from FW a couple of days after the offers!

There was a little Of congratulations for my DS which I thought was a nice touch.

There was a health form to return, along with a letter regarding language preferences and an acceptance slip to be returned to the school. The letter advised if we went a SAE with our reply, they would confirm receipt.

I sent everything with the SAE last Saturday and received a confirmation slip from the school on tues or weds.
saram

Post by saram »

Hi - did you pop them in the post? - if so, if it were me, I'd phone the school, just for peace of mind.
robotboy

Post by robotboy »

Hi Wakthar,

I have spoken to LEA and they said CH will contact you directly.

I wasn't going to take any chance so I rang CH and they did confirm the above was true!

We forgot to put a SAE in our acceptance letter to CH but they reassured me that the Head Teacher is very organised and would have definitely not misplaced my acceptance form. Its all on his desk!

Robotboy.
wakthar

Post by wakthar »

robotboy wrote:Hi Wakthar,

I have spoken to LEA and they said CH will contact you directly.

I wasn't going to take any chance so I rang CH and they did confirm the above was true!

We forgot to put a SAE in our acceptance letter to CH but they reassured me that the Head Teacher is very organised and would have definitely not misplaced my acceptance form. Its all on his desk!

Robotboy.
Yes, same here, forgot to enclose a SAE for reply.
I guess as long as you send back the acceptance letters within the time specified, then everything should be ok.

I might still give CH a ring on Monday just for reassurance!! LOL
mashk

Post by mashk »

Still haven't received anything from Handsworth Grammar School. Apparently they're sending letters after the Easter holidays.

:?
wakthar

Post by wakthar »

mashk wrote:Still haven't received anything from Handsworth Grammar School. Apparently they're sending letters after the Easter holidays.

That is a long time to wait. Is that going to be the acceptance form you need to fill in and send back? I thought it had to be in by 18th March....today??
mashk

Post by mashk »

wakthar wrote:
mashk wrote:Still haven't received anything from Handsworth Grammar School. Apparently they're sending letters after the Easter holidays.

That is a long time to wait. Is that going to be the acceptance form you need to fill in and send back? I thought it had to be in by 18th March....today??

I filled in the acceptance slip from Birmingham City Council, sent it in last week. Haven't had any confirmation yet, that apparently comes after the Easter break.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now