QMGS afternoon exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Turtlegirl

QMGS afternoon exam

Post by Turtlegirl »

I've had notification that the Queen Mary exam on 2nd July starts at 12.15pm. Anyone else have a son doing the same exam? Are you going to take him out of school for the whole day? I wasn't sure what to do with the morning if he's at home. Advice appreciated.
morgu

Re: QMGS afternoon exam

Post by morgu »

My daughter sat the consortium exam last year (also in the afternoon), and I decided to give her the morning at home, to make sure she had had enough sleep before sitting the test. She is a late riser given half a chance though, so there was no risk she would be sitting around getting nervous. We had a lovely, relaxed lunch before heading of:-)

-and her school hadn't even marked her as absent that day; I am guessing they have a category for 'educational visits', or somethinh like that.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

I think I might do the same. My daughter took the KEHS exam a couple of years ago and was absent for two days! The school called it 'educated off-site'.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Eldest son took exam last year. Had whole day off school, cinema the night before and swimming in the morning. He was nice and relaxed when he went in.

Youngest son is doing it this year, will likely do the same.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

No news from QM yet :( but then we've only just moved house. I prefer an afternoon exam as dc5 should be more alert then.
um

Post by um »

On the QMHS (Girls) website it states that letters about the entrance test will be sent out by first class post on Friday 14th June.

Personally I think this is cutting it rather fine for letting us know about the timings.
I do have other children at school/nursery to arrange collection for so I would have liked to know the exact times earlier!
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

I agree totally um. I also think QMHS are leaving it very late to inform us of the details. I too have to sort after-school care for my youngest child, which needs to be booked a month in advance. There must be many parents in the same position.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

I haven't heard anything either..! :roll:
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Reeyah, QM were meant to send letters out from June 1st. I did ask them to send it to my new address and was concerned that maybe they have forgotten. But seeing that you haven't heard anything either, there's probably just a delay.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

If it is anything like last year the children can be dropped off between 12:15 and 12:45 and collected from 1600 onwards.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now