It's very quiet....keeping calm in the last few days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sasa

It's very quiet....keeping calm in the last few days

Post by sasa »

DD1 started Yr8 at CHG today. I can't believe how time has flown.

I've not really been on the forum this time round with DD2 who sits the exam on Saturday, but have continued to be a lurker! It's definitely quieter on the forum than 2 years ago with DD1, but I think that's partly because there's so much help available by searching old posts.

It's been a busy summer preparing DD2 to 'keep calm and carry on' past the questions she can't do to get to those she can!! I've lost count of the times I've said that each question is only worth 1 mark, so don't waste time on a tricky maths/nvr/vocab, move on as it's a better use of time. Hopefully she'll remember to do that on Saturday.

I think we've spent most time making sure that the stuff she's good at she does accurately, to help counteract the gaps in her skills (eg: spelling in cloze tests where she knows the word, but spells it wrong).

Sunday saw the last of our preparations, and this week with back to school we're just working on lots of sleep and trying to keep the start of term bugs at bay!

We'll be enjoying pizza and a DVD on Friday night to keep things nice and relaxed.

Good luck to everyone taking the exam this year. What's everyone else doing this week?
Happy dad

Re: It's very quiet....keeping calm in the last few days

Post by Happy dad »

Tutoring finished Saturday so this week is just school.

Friday night is McDonalds followed by a movie on Sky and to bed by 9pm.

Saturday is Afternoon shopping in Birmingham and the night in the Hyatt enjoying the Club experience .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now